Trumpet Wife

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BrotherBACH, May 18, 2014.

1. Churchman

Churchman Mezzo Piano User

Apr 26, 2012
    My wife must be tone deaf - she says "That sounds nice" when I practice at home...

:-o

2. harperx

harperx New Friend

Mar 23, 2014
    Dayton, OH
    Wow, Gary. Wishing you both bright blessings in troubled times, and better days ahead!

3. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    A four-month pregnancy? Man, you must be quick!

4. mgcoleman

mgcoleman Mezzo Forte User

Jun 22, 2010
    Iowa
    Must have been using some of jiarby's DHC cream...

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    To all with their kind wishes, thanks so much. Yes these are hard times, but necessary and I believe the best for both sides. You people here are my family. You kind wishes just demonstrates that. Thanks so much, you ALL have no idea what this means for me. And thanks to the OP starting this thread. This may be part of the healing process for me. Again, many thanks!!:grouphug:

6. zerbinatti

zerbinatti Pianissimo User

Mar 26, 2012
    Brazil
    Sorry, I mean two years old and 6 months old. you can still consider me a quick guy if you wish!

7. zerbinatti

zerbinatti Pianissimo User

Mar 26, 2012
    Brazil
    I can play carnaval de veneza in two minutes!

8. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
    Three kids, two of them twins. All of them hated the trumpet until I got better. There was a time I had to leave the house on weekends find some place to practice when everyone was at home, just for an hour or two, and only if I completed the "honey do" list. Those days are done. Everyone is older now and more tolerant. The general house rules are, practice during the day without a mute is OK. At night, when people want peace and quiet, I use the Silent Brass System. I am really happy with that. I use the night time for scale patterns anyways.

BB

9. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    When I first started to learn I had to practice in the car, in the garage, at the bottom of the garden.

10. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    My parents were fairly tolerant about a beginner practicing. My wife......well, she's a flute/picc player and doesn't have to worry about building an emboucher and keeping it. So, she just doesn't understand about the need to keep playing to keep the chops in fine fettle:oops: