Trumpet Wife

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BrotherBACH, May 18, 2014.

1. RRVancil

RRVancil Piano User

Sep 24, 2009
    Littleton, Colorado
    Gary,

So sorry to hear about such a hard decision. I'm certain things will work out for the best. Mi casa, su casa.

Rick

2. Flugel52

Flugel52 Pianissimo User

Jan 24, 2011
    Central Florida
    Gary,

Please add my best wishes and prayers for both of you. Happier days are coming...

My wonderful wife of 28 years has always been supportive of my playing. When the kids came along, I spent my time coaching baseball, soccer, attending school functions and helping them with their (sadly) short-lived piano experiences. My playing consisted mainly of Wednesday orchestra rehearsals and playing church services on Sunday. I was able to get by with virtually no other practice. Once the kids went off to college, I've been able to get back into a real practice routine, and with my wife's full support recently joined another band. I do most of my practicing while she's at work. I have my own business so I can start early and work late, to get a couple of hours of practice in during the workday. On weekends she lets me practice - and even doesn't complain about my Cat Anderson routines!! She's truly a blessing!!

Steve

3. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    No complaints from Mrs Seth so long as I throw in a couple of Abba tunes now and then.

But she is a master of the backhanded compliment. After listening to one of my compositions the other day, her verdict was "It sounds like Mozart. Your mother would like it." Priceless! :-)

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Wow a garage at the bottom of a garden sound very appealing, especially if you are growing wacky weed in that garden!

5. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    The only time my wife doesn't make sounds of approval is when I try to screech. Not a worry, really!

Sorry to hear of your split, Gary. When I did that from my first wife, it was me and the trumpet in the pickup truck. Never suppress your musical drive.

We just moved and have a guest room!

6. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Manhattan Transfer has a comment they'd like to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvaAykoPj6Y

7. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    Hard news, Gary. I wish you the resilience it takes to get through this. I always say "Things happen for a reason." Believe it and you'll be OK.