Trumpeter Sandoval Blows Horn for Freedom

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by MYAUDITIONS.COM, Mar 25, 2004.

1. MYAUDITIONS.COM

MYAUDITIONS.COM New Friend

Nov 17, 2003
    One of the biggest cultural blows to Fidel Castro occurred in 1990, when jazz trumpet master Arturo Sandoval, who had toured the world wowing audiences with his horn and touting La Revolución, defected and proceeded to proclaim that everything he had said about Castro was a lie.

View the main story at www.myauditions.com

2. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    There is a movie that was heavily assisted by Sandoval that tells his amazing story. It stars Andy Garcia as Sandoval and is called "For love or Country" (The "or" could be an "of" I don't remember). I really enjoyed it, and Sandoval really did a great job on the music for the movie. If nothing else, listen to it for the music on it! 8)

3. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    What? :shock: This must be some sort of gigantic conspiracy! Every REAL musician knows that you can't be a real musician if you're a Republican!?!

Somebody call John Kerry, quick!

I'm at a loss...... :wink:

4. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Do you really think one of John Kerry's priorities, if he gets elected, will be increasing the government's funding of the performing arts?

I think we are screwed no matter who gets elected.

M.

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly Piano User

Oct 31, 2003
    the north philly ghetto
    maybe there would be some money for the arts if the deficit wasn't so high. 8)