Trumpeters, If You Are A Church Musician, etc.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bamajazzlady, Jul 23, 2012.

1. bamajazzlady

bamajazzlady Mezzo Forte User

May 16, 2011
  2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    that was an interesting site --- In my rural area of the world, most of the churches seem to like "their own personnel" -- friends, family and neighbors. I think people put their "heart and soul" into the worship music when they are a part of the congregation ---instead of the "hired gun" so to speak. Quite interestingly enough, a lot of the local churches around here the music is actually pretty decent.
    albeit, my cousin is a retired Lutheran minister who lives in Georgia, and his wife is the music leader in a relatively big church of over a 1,000 people -- and when visiting this past week --- they were kind of discouraged as they told me --- to get a trumpet player, they have to search and hire one!!!!

anyways -- I would think that with over a 1,000 people in church -- they would have readily at hand had a trumpeteer,

YES -- I can see why a site like that is important

3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Pretty cool site except there is no trumpet player in the slide show!! Don't they know the first instruments God commanded Moses to make were two silver trumpets!!?? :lol:

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    yes - Numbers 10 -- oh, I am so smart I impress myself!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL