TrumpetFest Maryland,August 21st, 2005

Discussion in 'Horns' started by NYTC, Jul 30, 2005.

1. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY
    Hello all.
    At this time,we are setting up an open TrumpetFest, where many different makes and types of horns would be available to check out.
    In addition, each player will be able to bring and show off his own arsenal of horns, while at the same time being able to try and compare with the great selection offered.
    Dealers,collectors and manufecturers are more than welcome to join us,so we can have as many horns as possible to play.
    We will have Eclipse,Stage 1,Possegger,Fides,as well as many other great brands for you to try.
    Details currently are Sunday, August 21 from 1-5pm in Ellicott City, Maryland. Detailed directions to follow. Contact Paul ([email protected]),or Felix (NYTC) for information.
    Thanks,
    Felix

2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Hey guys. I wish I could be there today because it sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun, but alas, I have a gig down the road a little ways. I know it might be a bit pricey, but my band is playing a benefit dance about 15 minutes from Pauly's house at Blobs park. I have to be onsite at 2:00, which is why I'm going to miss the fest, but the band is playing form 4:00 - 8:00 so if any of you get a wild hair to swing over after the fest, that would be cool, and I'm sure that you could probably get tickets at the door.

Here are the details for the gig:

Sunday, August 21, 2005 - Pets on Wheels / Life Enrichment / Mom & Me Benefit Dance.
    Doors open at 2:00pm. Times are 4:00pm to 8:00pm. Buffet Included (available from 2:00 to 5:00)
    Tickets are $30.00 per person
    Call 410-222-0738 for tickets!

It's a little pricey for a buffet meal, but you would get to meet ME! ;)

Otherwise, have a great time today. I wish I could be there.

3. miles71

miles71 Mezzo Piano User

Nov 8, 2004
    Maryland
    Today was a great day of trumpet playing and meeting new people. I would like to thank Paul and Rob for heading things up, the Kings for bringing the Kanstuls, and Felix from NYTC for bringing some nice playing horns from Eclipse and NYTC.

As far as the horns go, the Eclipse and Stage 1 got my attention, I just wish I played well enough to really give them a "test drive". The Eclipse MR was my favorite, I think, and seemed to play very evenly. The Stage 1 felt like a very lively horn and responded really fast. If anyone wants more detail just ask.

I am also very happy to talk with everyone about the future of our little Maryland Trumpet Event. It sounds like this could really grow into something special, not only for us but also the students of Maryland.

Lastly, events like this make me feel fortuate to be a musician, educator, and trumpet player. So many experiences I have had where due to being a musician. I would not have had these oppurtunities otherwise. No where else do I know of a group of people who could have gotten together so quickly for the sake of sharing ideas. Gentlemen, it was a pleasure to meet all of you and I hope to keep in touch. Besides, we will need to discuss next years event.

Again, thank you to all.

4. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Sorry I couldn't be there - but I suppose I would rather be playing at a gig than play testing good trumpets, wishing I could be playing one at a gig. :-P Besides, I was playing my Schilke B6, and in my experience, for the playing I was doing tonight, I think the B6 is a tough act to follow.

In a way I'm glad that no one decided to swing over to the fundraiser at Blobs park - having played a long, hard gig the night before, I wasn't at 100% tonight and by the end of the gig, while I wasn't totally chopped out, the needle was fast approaching "E". But the band played well overall and the crowd, as always, left VERY pleased. :-)

Maybe we can hook up something for October or something and I can make that one.

5. trumpetgirl612

trumpetgirl612 Pianissimo User

Mar 30, 2005
    practice room 5
    haha im sorry i missed it! i was busy moving in, going to band camp and !!! MEETING MUSICALMASON!!

6. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    TG, do you live close enough that it would have been feasible to attend?

I feel totally cheated! :x I live less than a 20 minute drive from Paul's house and I have wanted to play an Eclipse for a while. If I had the time, I would drive up to 2-3 hours to go to a nearby trumpet fest, but it just wasn't going to work this weekend.

There is talk of trying to do another one somewhere near DC or Baltimore in October or early November - maybe I can hit that one if it happens.