Trumpetmaster: the forum for players

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by FlugelFlyer, Apr 27, 2005.

1. FlugelFlyer

FlugelFlyer Piano User

Dec 15, 2003
    Palos Park, IL
    Hey guys,

Some of you may know that I just got done with a heated debate on another forum, a debate that isn't relevant to the true masters of playing in my opinion. Coming over here, this place is a breath of fresh air as people with top bonafide experience in the industry share insight here, and not b*neheads who claim to be the most knowledgeable people in terms of trumpet playing yet remain mysteries behind the computer. I'd much rather trust proven pros like Manny, Larry, Leigh, and others who don't need to attack anyone who's opinion is different than their's in fear that their temporary moment of fame will fall.

Anyways,
    keep up the good work guys, and expect me to discuss trumpet here more often. :D

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    FF,

Nice to see you... that's why I stay here, because it's live and let live around here as much as it can be.

Now that you're around a bit more...

... can you post the pic of that bunny? I don't think I've ever laughed so much at a board pic. But maybe it was the incongruity of the pic at that particular set of pretentious posts that made it so funny.

ML

3. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    you know, was that site the TH? I am becoming less fond of that place by the second. Just so many people, unfriendly people, unknowledgable people, people who claim to be bigger than who they are.
    this place is more of a community. the other place is just a mess of people all trying to be superior.

4. frank

frank Piano User

May 28, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    ...not to forget the amazing, magic Eclipse trumpet contest every year! :D

5. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    What I love over here is the friendly approach everyone has to every other trumpet-related site.
    Oh no, sorry, that doesn't seem to be the case - so much for live and let live.

I enjoy TH, TM, B-F and other sites - they all have their good points and good posters. What annoys the heck out of me is when people say on one site "I like this/the other site better" - so what? If you enjoy TrumpetMaster, good, so do I.

Why do you feel you have to make a negative comment about another site in order to make this one better?

Trumpetmaster is a great place, so are the other sites. Let's stick to positive comments about this site, rather than negative ones about any other.

6. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    FF,
    I never participated in any of the other sites, mostly because I assumed the things that you allude to. I've only been here a month or so, but I know I wouldn't have made it even this long if it weren't for the civil manner in which opposing views are discussed.
    -jimi

PS Sorry about any spelling errors. My only complaint about the site is the lack of spellcheck :-P

7. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Ahhh, spellcheck isn't what its kraked up to be! It never could figure out how to keep words in context.

8. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Dear TMike,

Please understand that when many people decided to "jump ship" from TH it was because of some event or occurence that initated said jump. Speaking for myself, upon being invited to prowl around here, I found the grass greener and more to my grazing sensibilities.

While I have kept my comments about TH confined to private areas, I can't say that I blame others that speak out about it. The only reason that it's being moderated to the point of almost hyper-sensitivity is because of the people that have been driven away by acts of lack of respect, at a minimum.

Yes, there are good things that go on over there. There are also insanely rude comments that go on unchecked although it's better than it once was. Here, that sort of nonsense gets put down quickly because the site is smaller and is easier to watch over. Lately there have been many more registrations and the challenge of keeping it a good, enjoyable site will be elevated.

I guess that as one who left that site for my own reasons, I ask that you try to understand the feelings of those who express their frustrations about it.

ML

9. FlugelFlyer

FlugelFlyer Piano User

Dec 15, 2003
    Palos Park, IL
    Manny,

I'm not quite sure I'm following you in terms of bunny pictures. Thus:

[​IMG]

To all else, I'm not leaving TH, merely taking the bulk of my trumpet discussion over here, where people check their egos at the door. That's the way things ought to be.

10. Manny Laureano

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    That's what I'm talkin' about...

ML