TrumpetReview.com

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by interfx, Jan 23, 2004.

1. interfx

interfx New Friend

Jan 18, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Some of my trumpet player friends and I have created a new website for players to share their experiences about different brands of trumpets they currently or used to play.

We're not affiliated with any manufacturers, and thought the need for a "review" system was there... We have NO discussion forums, as TrumpetMaster does that very well, and are really just focused on "reviews" by different trumpet players of all skills, ages...

Check it out, add some of your experiences. In addition, we are also always looking for some additional feedback/features.

http://www.TrumpetReview.com

Thanks -
    Todd

2. interfx

interfx New Friend

Jan 18, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    TrumpetReview.com has just launched version 3.0, and incorporated many suggestions from fellow trumpet players. We have the most complete trumpet technical database on the internet today. Our users are adding new trumpets daily, and adding reviews on their favorite trumpets, and related equipment. If you haven't tried it yet, please add your reviews today. Other trumpet players want your advice!

http://www.trumpetreview.com

727 Trumpets ONLINE
    60 Player Reviews
    over 22,500 hits

Again, still looking for fellow trumpet player reviews on the different instruments you play. Other trumpet players want to hear your opinions!

Thanks,
    Todd
    [email protected]

3. trpguyy

trpguyy Piano User

Nov 26, 2003
    Great site! I'm sure once the traffic increases it will be one of the biggest resources out there. Excellent idea. I will be posting a review after I put my new B5 through all my rehearsals next week. Keep up the good work!

4. interfx

interfx New Friend

Jan 18, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Well, we have reached another major milestone in the past few days...

1001 Trumpets ONLINE
    140 Player Reviews
    over 50,000 hits

Thanks to everyone for sharing your reviews. If you haven't tried it yet, please try it out. If you have a horn you don't see, let us know and we will add it for you...

Thanks again,

5. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    Yes, very cool site....It's a great resource.

6. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    What is the purpose of letting "guests" make a review? It seems to me a vindictive person could post crap about horns other than the one he/she plays.

I guess if you are going to review a horn, at least register. It might not solve the problem, but there would be an email address at least.

M&C

7. mheffernen5

mheffernen5 Pianissimo User

Awesome website :-)

8. interfx

interfx New Friend

Jan 18, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Well, we have reached another major milestone in the past few days...

1075 Trumpets ONLINE
    226 Player Reviews
    over 100,000 hits

Thanks to everyone for sharing your reviews. If you haven't tried it yet, please try it out. If you have a horn you don't see, let us know and we will add it for you...

We're in the process of adding new features, please let us know your thoughts @ [email protected]

(and yes, we're cleaning up our access to alleviate any mis postings)

Thanks again,

9. Yoder

Yoder Piano User

Aug 2, 2004
    Digital Domain
    I agree and sent an e-mail to them. One unregistered user said he played a certain horn, and then asked if it was true that they were made 1/2 step flat. Ah gee, maybe you should listen or at least get out a chromatic tuner and test it yourself. Seemed like the unregesterd users are their with a personal agenda in mind. :?

10. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester New Friend

Aug 9, 2004
    Belgium, Brussels
    Nice Website, and great idea!

I must however make one remark : I agree with Yoder and M&C.
    Reviewers should at least register in order to keep down grudge-bearing axe-grinders.

One other thing : maybe the reviews should be in a certain format, without of course limiting the freedom of expression of the reviewer. If all reviews follow the same pattern, it will be easier to compare and find what you're looking for.

Again, great initiative!