TrumpetReview.com

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by interfx, Jan 23, 2004.

1. interfx

interfx New Friend

Jan 18, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks for all of the feedback...

We are working on a new release and will be incorporating these ideas into the new version.

We have tried to manage the clearly "questionable" reviews, and have only had 1 -2 of these since the inception. (I guess trumpet players are generally fair reviewers). We had this feature enabled at site launch - but no one left any reviews... We're quickly building momentum - and moving forward will require registration and see what happens... Actually most of the reviews at this point are from registered members... Thanks, now everyone please register and leave a review so others can benefit from your experiences...

I also the format idea - any suggestions of std. items to include?

Tone? Bright ---- Dark
    Quality? Junk ---- Perfect

Please let me know your ideas...

Todd
    http://www.trumpetreview.com

2. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    An unregistered rated the Denis Wick straight mute a '3'. Now I know not everyone loves them, but that seems ridiculous to me.

Seems like a good site to me - I posted up some reviews.

I think the profile feature is a good idea - hopefully people will able to tell the difference between people talking out of their a*se and those who know what they're talking about.

3. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester New Friend

Aug 9, 2004
    Belgium, Brussels
    About the format, how about including this :

-Tone like you suggested
    -Workmanship : is it well-finished, materials used, valves, slides...
    -Playability and feel : balance, heavy or light, does it play smoothly, etc..
    -Price vs Quality

Cheers,

David.

4. the chief

the chief Pianissimo User

Feb 9, 2004
    Man I love trumpetreview.com and I go there all the time.

I think the above suggestions would be nice, and I also know the location of online pictures of some of the horns on there that don't have a pic of that particular horn on it's review page.

I've posted 2 reviews so far and look forward to posting more.

5. interfx

interfx New Friend

Jan 18, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    You can upload the pictures as a member... or you can just email me @ [email protected] - and I'll get them up for you...

Glad you enjoy it... It's a lot of fun... (This all started becuase I was looking for a new trumpet, and figured it would only ever be 100-200 trumpets...) Who would have guessed almost 1100 trumpets & accessories... (After reading some of the reviews I'm seriously considering a Kanstul, or Wild Thing...

Todd
    [email protected]

6. W Scott

W Scott Piano User

Dec 8, 2003
    Carson City, NV.
    Not a bad site, but you need a place for vintage horns!