Trumpets For Sale

Discussion in 'Horns' started by MPM, Sep 21, 2004.

1. MPM

MPM Pianissimo User

Nov 10, 2003
    Hello All,

I am aware of a gold plated Scodwell, and a Schilke S32 (with stock & rounded tuning slides) for sale.

$1500 for the Schilke, $1800 for the gold Scodwell.

Contact me for details if interested.

Thanks ... Michael

2. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Scodwell? Never heard of it.

3. MPM

MPM Pianissimo User

Nov 10, 2003
    Scodwell Trumpet

They are custom made horns, hand crafted by Tony Scodwell in Las Vegas, NV. I have two and have sold every other horn I had (Bachs, Schilke, Calicchio).

Tony is a veteran LV trumpet player. He'd been on the Stan Kenton band, Harry James band etc ... he works regularly wth Doc Severinsens Big Band, and frequently with Doc at orchestra appearences.

I know Raybrun Music deals them. Raw brass they are in the $2,400 - $2,500 range. So $1,800 is quite a steal!

4. Heavens2kadonka

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Agreed. Sucks that I am po' folk.....

Does it always seem like you NEVER have money when deals come around!?!??!? :D

Do you have pictures of the Scodwell? I looked around for some, but Rayburns didn't have any, and none of my searches netted anything productive...

Have you had anyone contact with a desire for the instruments?

Van

5. MPM

MPM Pianissimo User

Nov 10, 2003
    I can send you a few digital pictures of Scodwells.

And are you asking if I've had interest in these horns for sale ... yes.

Send me a private message with an e-mail address & I'll send you pictures or .... I could post them here on the site if there's way to do it.

Michael

6. Heavens2kadonka

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    You are allowed to post pics here, to my knowledge.

My email is [email protected], though.

Sorry I don't have money to be REALLY interested. If I was rich, I woulc have the trumpet collection people could only dream of... :D

7. MPM

MPM Pianissimo User

Nov 10, 2003
    Horns For sale

How do you post pictures "here" on the thread?

The Schilke is still for sale, as is a gold plated Scodwell.

Michael

8. Heavens2kadonka

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    I don't know..... I would really like to see a picture. You can't find pics online!

Does the horn tend to have a dark or bright sound? Whats the bore?

I am actually supposed to get 2400-2600 dollars SOMETIME (Evil business office croonies!), so I might be interested in the Scodwell.

Van

9. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    To post pics here they first have to be on another online site. There are a few free photo-hosting services: the one I use is http://www.photobucket.com

What you do is get a registration on photobucket (or the service of your choice) and then upload your pix to that. Then you open the pic and do a "copy" of the file properties from photobucket. (right click, properties, URL address, copy)

Come back to TM and type your message including the line that goes like this:

[​IMG]

1) No spaces (unless they are part of the filename)
    2) include everything from the file properties
    3) try to make the photo in photobucket of a size that fits within a page; otherwise when you paste it in here it will run over the edges of the message and folks will have to scroll back and forth through that entire thread. There is an edit/resize feature in photobucket
    4) for an example, here is a photo.... do a right click and check the properties... you can use that to go back to the parent photobucket file.

[​IMG]

Don't forget the "/" in the end tag.

10. Heavens2kadonka

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    I never knew there were free photo hosting sites, thats great to know!

Van