Trumpets in History

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bengela7, Nov 8, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    For me, to this day it has been my Taylor 46 Chicago Custom.

However, there are SOOOO many horns out there that I've never even touched! I'd love to try some others... Schagerl, Inderbinen, Monette, Weimann, Martin Committee, Adams, Schlub....as I said, that are so many!

Along with that, I have a special instrument design waiting to be made (hopefully that day comes sooner than I think it will) :-)

Kujo

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    The one being played by the best trumpeter in the world.

3. Al Innella

Al Innella Forte User

Aug 9, 2007
    Levittown , NY
    The best trumpet in the world is the one that works for you!

4. RMS

RMS Pianissimo User

Aug 5, 2010
    Iowa
    The next one I think I need! Ha!

5. acarcido

acarcido Forte User

Dec 28, 2009
    Ontario, Ca
    I Think this question should be rephrased to, "What is the most HIGHLY DESIRE TRUMPET in the world?".

6. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Ha! In reality, the best players could make any trumpet work for them, and yet I'll agree that we all have our preferences of instrument and mpc specifications and combinations ... and many of these personal choices are different from those of most other players. Because times were hard initially, with very few instruments and mouthpieces then available, I quickly learned to "make do" with anything and so such continues presently.

7. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I'd have to always answer this with, "The one I'm playing now whereas at such moment should I "desire" another, it surely would hinder how I could play what I have in my hands. My suggestion is to rephrase the question to: "What trumpet has been most prolifically played by professionals?" Well, I don't believe anyone of us has bothered to compile such data / statistics ... such would detract from either our practice or performance time to do so.