Trumpets ready for trip Down Under

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetsplus, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    TJ,
    That reminds me of my time in Shanghai, when we used to go to a Hot Pot Restaurant, and you could have a huge feed for about $20. And the Beer was free.... at least at the start of my time there. After about 12 months they started charging 1 RMB for each Tall Bottle (About 15 cents). This was because we used to line the room with the empty bottles... It was a very nice beer when chilled.

It took us a while to work out how they came up with the name - until we saw the bottle in the mirror. Someone copied the word Beer off the Mirror. REEB

There's no similar challengers for Saturday.

2. Peter McNeill

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Sad Day....

Fog has socked Ivan in at Canberra - he missed the meet. Some upset Aussies, but Hey Shxt Happens!

Maybe next time.

[​IMG]

The Jaeger Diamond was at least heard at the Meet...

[​IMG]

Typical Melbourne weather for the day - woke up 6:00am to 3 degrees C - chilly clear Blues skies, and Bright Sun. By 8-00am fogged in on the way to rehearsals. Expected it to burn off to a nice sunny 17 degrees C sunny day - well that never happened. See you next time Ivan. Those horns do look good, and the Diamond played well.

bumblebee likes this.
  3. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    No upset here Pete. Thanks to you and Ivan for having a crack at setting this up.

Ivan, I see that your NZ publicist is active. I received an email blast from the Shakey Isles a couple of days back announcing your session over there. Good (better) luck with the rest of your trip.

4. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire

5. Peter McNeill

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    A Chilled VB is the only way. Hot VBs are known to create adverse reactions, and can cause some bouts of un-consciousness if too much VB is consumed in 1 sitting - like all VBs - moderation is the Key.