trumpetwise

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by dizforprez, Mar 17, 2004.

1. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    can someone delete his post?

i think most of us are tired of his spam

2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    I'm not positive that his posts are really spam, but I do think that he has some tie in with this book related to the mental aspect of musicianship that he seems to be promoting. We've seen much worse, that's for sure.

3. trumpetpimp

trumpetpimp Piano User

Dec 6, 2003
    Toronto
    It looks pretty spammy to me. Only two of his posts were longer than one sentence and didn't include the phrase "mental aspect".

4. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    http://www.trumpetmaster.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1508

Please refer to this post. Is the “mental†aspect important to auditions? Yes! But that was clearly not what the question was about.

trumpetwise’s comments have nothing in any way to do with answering that question. That, the short nature of every post, and the fact that each post only deals with him pushing his book equals Spam.

All his post are the same,

‘the secrets to playing can by yours for $19.95 ( or whatever the price is) and by the way I know Bud Herseth so I must be right’.

There plenty of ways he could “sell†his book here that would be much more in his favor, but instead he plays mind games and tries to turn it back on the other person.

That is spam and in just plain old bad taste….

5. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    I can not recall playing or talking with a world-class performer who stated that they had no nerve considerations.
    Casals got nervous. Serkin got nervous. Willian Kincaid had nerves.
    I have watched musicians shake, rattle and roll on stage.
    The only musicians who don't have nerves are the dead ones.
    We have to learn to live with fear.
    Next time you are at a concert, check who's shaking, then listen to the beautiful sounds they are making.

Wilmer- still shaking after all these years :lol:

6. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    I probably should have clarified my post a little. I believe that the "mental aspect" of trumpet playing is one of the biggest parts of playing. If you can't get out of your own way, then nerves can really wreck you in a performance and it can appy to everything from your fingers to breathing, sound to range, and to just about any other aspect of playing.

I will agree that it that just isn't right for anyone to comes onto this board with the intent to solely push a product. There are people that are on this board who do sell things, but almost all of them also contribute in some other form or fashion, whether it be their knowledge of horns and mouthpieces and freely giving advice about which works best for what, or giving out great chops advice for free to those seeking better sound, range or endurance.

trumpetwise doesn't have too many posts as of yet. If he persists in posting variations of this:

"You might want to look at the mental aspect which really helps with auditions.

www.trumpetworkspress.com"

without actually divulging any tips about HOW to look at the "mental aspect", ie, all he wants to do is push his book, then I would probably start considering it spam.