Trying to buy ex US

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ExtraTeeth, Jan 25, 2010.

1. ExtraTeeth

ExtraTeeth Pianissimo User

Nov 13, 2008
    Perth, Western Australia
    I'm looking to buy a new horn and find a good deal advertised at a reputable US business. I sent off an email and was told 'sorry already sold'. OK this happens but its still there on their website 3 weeks later. No suggestion of what they might actually have in their inventory.
    I found another dealer with a good reputation, sent off an email asking for more information. A week later I'm still waiting for a reply.
    Is America open for business or not? Hell, I'm a customer with cash but this is more like customer service in the old Soviet Union.

2. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    What kind of trumpet are you looking for? I have sent some things "down under" with no problems.

3. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Hi ExtraTeeth,
    I'm in Perth at the moment on this sunny "Australia Day". Don't forget the time difference. If I am speaking (email) to anyone in US for shipping to Aus, I will always stipulate USPS International as the shipper. Usually around 100 bucks.

Also if you pay more than $1000 it will be tied up in Customs, and you will need to pay taxes, about $200 approx per 1000 value (don't quote me as exact). I never ask for the seller to falsify anything, but just expect a delay on shipping when it arrives.

Payment is best by Paypal if they can accept, then both parties have some recourse.
    Cheers (& good fire-works tonight - I'm in West Perth overlooking the Bell and Ferris wheel, so a Balcony job with some cool ales tonight.)

4. ExtraTeeth

ExtraTeeth Pianissimo User

Nov 13, 2008
    Perth, Western Australia
    Thanks for the info Peter. Much appreciated.
    I won't be going out looking at fireworks. The after show traffic snarl and early work start tomorrow are not a good combination.

Thanks for the interest A.N.A. Mendez. I'm interested in an R series Calicchio.

5. Bourbon City

Bourbon City Pianissimo User

Jun 8, 2004
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I just sent you a PM about a used LA made R32. We can discuss this if you wish. I sent you my email address.