Trying to change things here

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by chet fan, Oct 29, 2010.

1. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    Trying to change things here

Ok so you all know that I post much of my playing here. The reason is that I want soem feedback. But what happens is that usually in given topic I get comments that I lack technique and time and generally that I am bad player. BUT through private massages I get quite an opposite comments. That my tone is nice, that my range is nice, once one user even commented that he is jelous on my tone. And ofcourse those who send pm never posted in given topic and vice versa. Now I ask you and myself. Who are those people that are commenting my playing. Absolute anonymus users who never ever posted anything of themselves so that we could hear them playing.

Therefore I am calling out Dale Proctor (who posted tons of images of his cornets, but never ever posted a video of him actually playing them), Nick form bulgaria (who moaned, and moaned, and moaned -does he ever actualy play???), Rettepnoj (who posted tons of images of himself and tons of transcriptions, but not a single clip of him actually playing), than Bekerefluw , gbdeamer, jbkirby etc.... to post videos of themselves playing or detest form further commenting forever. Because I want to hear who is commenting me, what his playing souns like. Is he an armchair critique, or is he nice sounding trumpet player pleasent to ear? That is what I want to change here. Because this site is about trumpet playing, not about trumpet contemplating nor trumpet phylosophy. We do not stream to be music recensors, but trumpet players. Or did I get something wrong here?

than I ask moderator to collect all the videos in one thread named "who is who on TM" and make it sticky. The reason is when a new user arrives on TM asking for help, that he could actualy hear what what a person who is commenting on him actually sounds like himself. At least that would be fair, because anyone dares to comment these days, and that could be dangerous -yes dangerous. So I wont leasten to anyone anymore whom I havent heard playing. If I havent heard you playing -you are talkin BS.

And do not give me that c*ap about not beeing able to record, because we all know that 20 bucks worth cellular phone can make video clips. Youtube is free, so there is really no problem. Other than vill obviously.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  2. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    Chet,

First of all, as always you feel like a victim. I consider myself to be an average classical player, I do not have to prove anything to you, but as you wanted it, you can always visit my website, which is listed in my profile signature. Stop behaving like a baby, it is time to grow up. Music industry is a tough business and even if you consider yourself gifted, you will have to work very hard just to get a few gigs. People as always try to put you on the right learning path, but you seem to be the most clever person around here. If you don't like what you hear or read, use the ignore button. It is that simple.

Secondly, Moderators are not investigators. They are not supposed to reveal identity information (even if they hold such) nor I believe they will, just because some guy on the forum wants to know who's who.

3. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    It sounds like you have added a bit of emotion to your essay here, and conveyed it quite well. The development of your subject is reasonably managed but your purpose/aim is not clearly stated. I note that some of your punctuation, spelling, and grammar are a little less than perfect, which may alter the meaning from that which you intended. More care is needed to make your point more forcefully. I have hesitated to use red marks to correct your minor errors but I would give you an 8/10 for overall effort. Quite well done for a first draft attempt.

Oh, my qualifications - yes I have appropriate ones, but they are not available on Youtube because I do not have appropriate recording paraphenalia. ;-)

trumpetnick likes this.
  4. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    well moderators wouldnt be unveiling anything. They would just compile the videous that you yourself posted, thus you are the one who unveils, they would just compile it into one thread for simplyicity purposes

5. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    the purpose is to be able to distinguish true trumpet master from foney

you're funny guy

6. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    chetfan sez:
    If I havent heard you playing -you are talkin BS.
    --------
    Really!?!
    So when I posted an easy way for people to learn the augmented progression it was BS?
    So when I created a way for people to assess themselves for excessive mouthpiece pressure it was BS?
    So when I showed people an easy way to calculate modes using two different methods it was BS?
    I'll tell you what. I think the BS is about to hit the fan. Chetfan that is.
    Why wait for the Christmas rush. Welcome to the pile. Good Bye.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  7. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009

CTRL-C and CTRL-V does wonders

hope you are smart enough to get the point

8. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Chet - are you achieving your purpose - solving what you see as a problem, or are you running the very real risk of be treated as a troll? What do you think?

9. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    calling one a troll, is nothing more than playing a magic card when you run out of arguments

ctrl-c and ctrl-v indicates that he could read it somewhere and posted it here. maybe he actually knows that in theory. but can he really play?

I need evidence that he can play. text is not an evidence, as it can be ctrl-c-ed, video however is excellent evidence

10. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    If you think that I might run out of argument means you REALLY haven't done much reading here. It is possible that an argument with you is not worth the effort.

My overall point is that you're spoiling your request for others to post videos of their performances by the manner in which you pose your request - a polite entreaty may get the desired response - a raw and rude DEMAND will get you NOTHING - so, you will have wasted your time and effort.

Take care, we musicians (and pseudo musicians) can all be rather sensitive souls, and a couple of us have a nasty streak that occasionally escapes searching for a target.

Do yourself a favour (if you will) - review your approach and you may succeed - follow your current line and disappointment is the only likely outcome in this endeavour of yours.

Remember a little physics, Newton's 2nd Law I think - "The harder you push, the more vigorous will be the shove back."