Trying to change things here

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by chet fan, Oct 29, 2010.

1. reedy

reedy Piano User

Jul 31, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK
    I think in some ways chet fan has a very good idea to be honest! although has probably gone about it the wrong way. there is no point in forcing people to post videos or sound clips just to prove a point, people want to post videos because they want to! for fun for feedback whatever really! and I love the idea of a sticky with peoples videos in.

many of the pro players have websites and so there really isnt much point, others have myspace's or facebook band pages, (im creating a myspace music page soon for a marketing module at uni, which will have some recordings of my playing etc.)
    others just are scared of what others may say and some just dont have the time or the equipment to record....

But then I do think that there may be players here who are trying to give advice when they themselves cannot do the skill. I know I have spoken about a subject that I have knowledge on but then dont apply it myself, BTW im also a swimming teacher and can teach others but sometimes cant apply the same theorys to myself. same thing!

But if someone is there to tell you whats wrong you can then improve it and work on that 'skill' to then improve your overall playing etc, but someone saying your tone is shocking or you cant do this, make it constructive, 'your tone could be better BUT..... if you practice say long notes it will improve'

2. melza

melza Pianissimo User

Mar 12, 2010
    Australia
    I dont think anyone is going to post a video because they are told to on a trumpet forum. So it is up to the user to determine if the advice given is legit.

3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Also, try using the spellchecker. It is hard to comprehend, sometimes , what you are saying.

4. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Thats not true CF! I have posted a youtube clip here, and Bekerefluw has posted a sound clip of him playing Four, VERY nice playing BTW!

Tons of transcriptions? Please show them to me!

I'm not Arturo or Wynton, but 20 years of trumpetplaying have given me some knowledge about trumpet playing! And I do play for a living!

5. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Ok Chet fan

#1 It is not your place to "Change Things" here.

#2 You have no right to "Call People Out".

#3 I am not smart enough to get the point about CTRL-C or CTRL-V

There are many people here who give advice and have NOT posted their playing here. That does not change the advice they give.

I had a really long post here and I just deleted it....my only advice to you, (and you can hear me playing in many places so I guess I am not BS ) is GROW UP!.

trumpetnick likes this.
  6. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    Reedy sez:
    I think in some ways chet fan has a very good idea to be honest!
    ---
    Yes, honesty is a good thing but using the site as a form of therapy and trying to shame people into compliance isn't my idea of something I wish to be a part of.

7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    UH OH, has Rowak moved to Detroit? ROFLROFL I didn't get the CTRL-C, V thing either. Chet, please enlighten us.

8. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Chet Fan,

You're going to have to be a lot nicer if you want the experts in here to help you with your trumpet playing. Don't post any recordings in here again unless you are ready to accept the criticism (that you are asking for) with GRACE. Show some respect to the people you are asking for help. There is a gold mine in here and you are wasting it.

This is a social network. People DON'T post up recordings and or videos of themselves for a wide variety of reasons, each reason personal to the player in question. You need to respect that.

Turtle

9. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    well afterall I do have the most important prerequisite to became tpt player. I am able to cause ulcers! Youll have to give me credit at least for that ;-)

10. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    True.:lol: