Tumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by 12erlgro, Nov 15, 2010.

1. 12erlgro

12erlgro Pianissimo User

Oct 29, 2010
    Norway

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  2. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Hi,

Back to How long is a Piece of String. I believe most Jazz players look mainly to a Bb. I have just joined an amateur orchestra and although the Bb is Okay for most work my MD would like me to look at the Hummel and the Haydn which although playable on a Bb would be better and easier on an Eb. He also would like to do some light Baroque work which would indicate a D for me. (oh dear I need a better D/Eb Horn or is it the N+1 virus at work again). I'd love a Picc as well but hey ho

I know that is no real answer and that there are others better qualified (especially on the Jazz side) than me but I hope that helps

Cheers

Andrew

3. 12erlgro

12erlgro Pianissimo User

Oct 29, 2010
    Norway

4. Cornyandy

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    If you're thinking classical then I think the c trumpet issue is almost more down to how well you can transpose, up one and add two (sharps) on the Bb and you're there. Some say the C trumpet is harmonically different from the Bb and has a brighter sound if you are playing with other Bb this can sound odd but how true this is I don't know (and others will advise you better). For general work I stay with the Bb and either go home and transpose it or write little note names in strategic places.

Hope this helps

Andrew

Andrew

5. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Check Latest News, they have everything a classical player needs! Who want's to play classical anyway, huh..:-)

6. 12erlgro

12erlgro Pianissimo User

Oct 29, 2010
    Norway

7. nordlandstrompet

nordlandstrompet Forte User

Apr 5, 2008
    Norway
    Hey!!! Men i jøssenam!!
    Du må da ikke si slikt!
    Du gir bare Wynton mer vann på mølla!

8. rettepnoj

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Jeg velger å gjette på at du ikke er over 20!? Det er bra med klassisk som et fundament, men de fleste klassisk utdannede trompetister fortsetter med rytmisk senere! Det handler om å ha musikken i seg, ikke jazz! Lytt på så mye foskjellig som overhodet mulig! Wynton, Arturo, André etc, klassisk som jazz! Utvid øret:-)

9. Cornyandy

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Okay Boys subtitles in English please! I wuz only trying to help

A

10. rettepnoj

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Aaaaawwwwww, it's WAAAAAY easyer in norwegian..:roll: