Tuning Issues

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by John Heckathorn, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    One of my former teachers used to tell me that when I suddenly felt like I was playing more out of tune than normal, it didn't mean that I was playing any differently, it meant that my awareness had improved. Maybe you're just listening better!

2. John Heckathorn

John Heckathorn New Friend

Jun 9, 2005
    Wow. Before band rehearsal today I had a talk with my second and third chair trumpet players. I told them that we aren't in sync pitch wise. They said they had noticed this quite a bit, and I told them to listen to me for a reference pitch. After warm-up, we got right into rehearsing our pieces, and I already noticed a difference. We were in perfect tune(well, no such thing as perfect, but pretty close!) and we had such a focused sound throughout all of the songs. Their harmonies matched nicely with my parts, and it was awesome. Our sounds blended beautifully, and we sounded great. After that, we had fun with the music, and were able to focus on the music instead of messing around with our slides the whole time. It was great, and I hope we can consistently do this every day. Man was it sweet! Thanks for all the comments.

:twisted: