Twenty Minutes

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by loweredsixth, Apr 26, 2005.

1. loweredsixth

loweredsixth Pianissimo User

Mar 11, 2005
    Fresno, California, USA
    Manny,

Suppose there's a day when you have twenty minutes to spend with your trumpet. You want to achieve the most you can with that lousy twenty minutes. What do you do?

Respectfully,

Joe Lewis

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Fish,

Actually, that's been the case sometimes!

In twenty minutes my priority would be to stay strong and keep a quick tongue. So, about a minute of long tones and chromatics follow immediately. I'll wander around on those until I play around high C. Then it's off to tonguing Goldman and Arban's. Believe it or don't, the last few minutes would be a series of climbing up to the altissimo register holding notes as long as I could at a forte volume. Then:

times up!

ML

3. loweredsixth

Mar 11, 2005
    Fresno, California, USA
    Why do you call me fish? :-(

4. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Low 6,

Because I saw a post from Sblmbadfish and when I started writing that's what was in my head. So, since I always answer him by addressing him as Fish, I wrote that thinking that's who I was writing to.

Sorry if you thought I was insulting you. Just a case of mistaken identity.

ML

5. loweredsixth

Mar 11, 2005
    Fresno, California, USA
    I didn't take any offense at all. I just thought it was funny that you called me fish. Thanks for answering my question.

I am faced with this problem every once and a while. I usually end up doing some long tones and slurred scale exercises throughout the register. I was just curious what other people did.

Joe