two questions

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Tarter_trpt8, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Tarter_trpt8

Tarter_trpt8 Pianissimo User

Jan 17, 2005
    St. Paul, MN
    Hello again Manny!

I just bought a new Monette C2 mouthpiece and I absolutely love it to death. There are many reasons so I won't go into those but I tried to play my Bach 1/4 after playing on this and I can't stand it. But anyways, I tried this standard C2 first, which I ended up obviously buying, and also a Prana C2. For some reason the standard blew me away and the Prana didn't at al. The standard inhanced my playing, sound, articulation, upper register, endurance, clarity, but the prana actually made me struggle a little more. I was curious why that is? Why does one monette mouthpiece work but the upghrade doesn't? is it because it is more sensitive?
    Phil Norris, my teacher, has played Monette since the 80's and the prana, however smaller than his own, played great for him but fdor me no. It saved me some money but it's eating at me why it wasn't better for me....

Next question is: when are you playing Brandenburg two with the orchestra??

Thanks a lot!

Jeremy Tarter

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    I don't know why the upgrade doesn't work for you... bring it to the master class and let me listen to you do an A/B and then I'll be able to figure it out.

The Brandenburg/ Neruda concerts are on Saturday the 5th in Rochester, MN. at 2pm and 7:30pm

ML

3. blutch

blutch Pianissimo User

Dec 25, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Jeremy,

I am an experienced Monette player and I'm struggling with the Prana versions of my mouthpieces too. Its taking a long time to acclimate to them. The problem now is, there are many aspects of the pieces that i REALLY like, but playability becomes a big struggle after 30 mins of hard playing on them. I often have to go back to my non-prana or early-prana versions just to be able to get it to work.. of course then I miss the special playing qualities of the Prana.

So, basically, I'm in Prana Purgatory. :-)

MA