Two Things...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Tarter_trpt8, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Tarter_trpt8

Tarter_trpt8 Pianissimo User

Jan 17, 2005
    St. Paul, MN
    Tommy,

The only reason why I called you Tommy was because that is the only name I have ever heard you called. Brian Brown is really good friend of mine, and also my former teacher. I hear about you often. As a matter of fact, do you remember me calling you and asking you some questions a while back? My name is Jeremy Tarter in case he has mentioned me to you. I flew out to Colorado to study with Brian over spring break and that was awesome. Him and Julie talked about you a lot, but nothing but good stuff, but you know Brian, he told me yall had duet contests, of course he said he smoked you so I'll let you call him and brag about how you are playing principal in Atlanta.
    Could you smoke him now?

The next thing is I swore I heard you playing on Minnesota Public Radio a few weeks ago. Did Atlanta play the Neopolitan Dance as an encore maybe back in March or April. It was an unbelievable solo. If that was you, your sound and articulation was phenominal! you don't get to hear that everyday. I was blown away!

Anyway man, it's nice to see you on TM. Take it easy!

Jeremy

2. thomashooten

thomashooten Pianissimo User

Feb 21, 2005
    Atlanta
    Hi Jeremy,

Brian and I go way back. We were good friends while I was an undergraduate student at USF. We used to play Amsden duets for hours, always changing them up to make it more fun and challenging. It was great having another trumpet in school that was as dedicated to improving as I was.

I'm glad you liked the radio broadcast, unfortunately that was not me. :)

Thanks
    Tom

3. JenTrumpet

JenTrumpet New Friend

Mar 3, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I thought that I was the only one allowed to call him Tommy. :)