Uh oh... I need help.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpet blower88, Sep 7, 2005.

1. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    So I thought it was just a soar throat with a litle cought. But according to the doctor I have bronchitis. And I have to play the solo in the marching show on friday. Is there a way to both play the solo and stay alive?

-David

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    I just googled "bronchitis cures" ...

...take your pick, there are a bunch.

ML

3. trumpet blower88

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Yes, I am on 3 differant perscriptions for it. One is just Allegra for the allergies, one is a pill I've never heard of, and the other is a cough syrup with an active ingredient of "Hydro-Coadone", isn't that Vikodin?

Anyways, the meds are helping, but I don't think I'm going to be 100% by the time friday comes around...

4. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    I hope the cough syrup is just for taking at night. Vicodin is a narcotic which is okay but you're not going to have a whole lot of energy to breathe big full breaths if you take it during the day.

ML

5. trumpet blower88

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Yeah, I found out the hard way this morning that I should take that befor I got to school in the morning... Although Physics and English class was quite peacefull, I had some nice dreams while slumped over on my desk.

6. cmcdougall

cmcdougall Piano User

Feb 3, 2005
    You are quite right trumpet blower, i now know why they have made you go behind the counter to get Tylenol cold and sinus maximum strength. I took the standard dosage this morning and by second period i was like Chuck Mangione i was "in the land of make beleive".

7. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    There is one other VERY good reason for keeping some cold medicines behind the counter. They can be used in the production of crystal meth.

We had a presentation from our local Police Force (company presentation on how to recognize someone using it (and some of the background on how it's made) ... we have a zero-tolerance policy at work for drugs). The first time you use it you have a 50/50 chance of becoming addicted; the second time it's up to 80%.

Something to think about.