UK Manny Meet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetmike, Aug 20, 2006.

1. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    Hi Manny

As one of the many Manny readers, based in the UK, who should be attending the Proms concert on Thursday, I feel it might be an idea to try and formalise the possibility of getting to all meet up.

The Albert Hall is a great venue, but there are more doors in/out than we care to contemplate, meaning that without a bit of planning it could easily be that we all miss each other.
    They are also fairly security-aware, so it might be difficult for us to gatecrash the dressing rooms:lol:

So:
    a) Would you be up for a Manny meet?
    b) Do you want to suggest where, or should we?
    c) Curry?
    d) Beer?

And for those that should be in attendance:
    a) Any suggestions as to how to recognise each other?
    b) Where do you suggest we meet?
    c) Roll call of TM prommers?
    d) Might it be an idea to exchange mobile numbers to aid meeting up? I am more than happy to co-ordinate - PM me your numbers, if you think this might be an idea.

I know this seems remarkably organised (especially for me!), but having failed miserably to meet Manny last time you were over here, I don't want to stuff it up again.

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Thanks for organizing it, Mike
    ML

3. Clarino

Clarino Mezzo Piano User

Nov 9, 2003
    Sheffield, England, UK
    I'll be there, with the hair, so you'll probably be able to see me from the stage!

I'm going to "prom" (cos I'm a cheapskate), so if everyone else is, we could all just hang around after everyone else leaves and wait for Manny in the Hall. Or, if they start kicking us out straight away we could meet in a local pub, but someone else will have to decide which because I don't know London above ground very well.

4. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    Sounds familiar - also means that you don't have to book in advance (very useful when I don't know how many of the Surrey Brass guys & students will be coming up)

5. Joe DiMonte

Joe DiMonte Mezzo Forte User

Apr 30, 2006
    Pittsburgh,Pa
    c) Curry?

I'm open to anything, I'll be hungry as there won't be time for a real dinner before the show and I'll be operating on Safari Bars.

Isn't there a Caribbean cuisine chef in the UK who can prepare Manny a
    dish of MOFONGO after his Blowin' session's ?

6. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Pianissimo User

There are a few bars/restaraunts as you head back in the direction Gloucester Road Tube Station.

7. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    I'd bet they'd kick you out before Manny could come up from his dressing room. Better off meeting at the stage door maybe? (first door on the right of the big entrance as you look at the hall from the RCM) - unless they've changed it since last year.

8. Clarino

Clarino Mezzo Piano User

Nov 9, 2003
    Sheffield, England, UK
    I'm thinking there may be quite a lot of activity around the stage door after the concert. That could make it difficult. Where is the nearest decent pub?

9. administrator

administrator Administrator Staff Member

Jun 27, 2006
    If you guys get the chance. Please try to take some pictures of the UK Manny Meet so we can see them here on the TM.

Thanks

10. Clarino

Clarino Mezzo Piano User

Nov 9, 2003
    Sheffield, England, UK
    I suspect Mike will bring his camera to get pictures of Manny in the infamous HAIR! So the site may have some very interesting pics to display on the homepage.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006