Ultra-Pure Oils at ITG

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by upoils, May 27, 2007.

1. upoils

upoils Pianissimo User

Aug 1, 2005
    Philomath, Oregon
    If you are going to the ITG Conference, please stop by the Ultra-Pure Oils table and say hello. Free oil and lubes to try at the table, and a terrific price on oil and lubes to take home with you. I look forward to meeting many loyal Ultra-Pure customers, including Manny Laureano, Ingrid Jensen, Marc Reese, and so many more!

-Ken

2. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    I've been using Ultra Pure for about a year now and its the best oil I have ever used. Check out the Ultra Pure booth!

3. upoils

upoils Pianissimo User

Aug 1, 2005
    Philomath, Oregon
    News from the first day at ITG from Ultra-Pure Oils --

I got to meet many TM'rs -- thanks for stopping by Alex, Chuck, and others! Manny said he would stop by tomorrow (thursday). I met many Ultra-Pure Oils customers and made several new ones --- I also oiled trumpets from many fine makers, including Harrelson, Blackburn, the Jupiter XO, etc. All felt great after oiling with Ultra-Pure.

If you are around the conference, please stop by for a free lube and take some oil and slide lube home with you at the special conference price.

I got to attend the Jeff Holmes Big Band concert with Pat Hession and Wayne Bergeron. Pat played a blistering rendition of Danny Boy for his "warm-up", and really kicked in gear with Gonna fly now... his long tone double-high C was amazing, as was his range nearly an octave higher!!! Wayne proved himself to be the consummate lead man -- beautiful tone in every register, from the low F# to over double-high C. And he really shreads on jazz improvisation!!!

Afterward, I attended the mellow and introspective concert with Ingrid Jensen at the Blue Wall Cafe. What a great way to end the day!

Both Ingrid and Pat are Ultra-Pure Oils endorsers.

-Ken

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  4. upoils

upoils Pianissimo User

Aug 1, 2005
    Philomath, Oregon
    Another wonderful day at the ITG-2007. I heard some great stories from Ultra-Pure Oil users, including one about how a guy was having so much trouble with his old Bach that he had to bring a back-up horn to the gigs since his valves were so unpredictable. He was about to buy a new trumpet when his buddy told him to try Ultra-Pure. Turns out I saved him from parting with about $2000 since his valves have been working fine ever since!

Patrick Hession stopped by and spent about 20 minutes at the Ultra-Pure Oils table, just relaxing from a busy day. Man, is he sweet and smart! Patrick is very dedicated to music education and wants the next generation to understand how to play the great big band music -- to really get to know the nuances of the style. (Any educators out there -- please note that Pat does great clinics!!)

Wayne Bergeron was happy to get some more Ultra-Pure Oil -- he told me he is always bumming it off other trumpet players in his sessions!

Tonight was the Washington Symphonic Brass "at the movies". Trumpeter Phil Snedecor has done some amazing arrangements for large brass ensemble that take advantage of the virtuosos he has available in this fine group (including Marty Hackleman, horn, Chris Gekker, Matt Harding, Scott Sabo, and Phil on trumpets). Imagine The Rite of Spring for 15 brass and percussion! And to top it off, Pat Hession popped in to play an encore performance of Gonna Fly Now. Wow!!!

After that, I headed over to the Blue Wall Cafe to hear Mike Vax, Wayne Bergeron, Clay Jenkins, and Carl Saunders backed up by Jeff Holmes (piano), Chip Jackson (bass), Steve Johns (drums) and Scott Sasanecki (guitar) perform most of the tracks off the TRPTS recording made originally in 1986. These guys were fantastic and, of course, each tried to out-do the other in high range and technical feats. They all reached brilliant double-high C's, bringing the house to its feet!

If you are planning to stop at the Ultra-Pure Oils table, please plan on doing so early on Friday as we will have to leave the conference by about 4PM. Thanks!
    -Ken

5. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Thanks for the updates! I wish I could be out there.
    -T

6. upoils

upoils Pianissimo User

Aug 1, 2005
    Philomath, Oregon
    My last day at the ITG was busy and we had to get packing by about 4pm to head up the road and see our son at Dartmouth College. Again, Manny Laureano and Patrick Hession stopped by. In the early afternoon, a gentleman was asking my wife what was special about Ultra-Pure, and she was telling him the main points. Then I saw the name on the badge -- Frank Kaderabek -- and I had to interrupt her ... "honey -- this is a really famous trumpeter!" :D We had a great time meeting Frank and he took home some oil & lube.

Things like this happen at the ITG. You see the professionals, many of them being quite recognizable by face or by name, mixing with players of all ages and abilities.

Our table was outside the main area where people were play-testing horns from many different makers. Based on what people were doing to test horns, one would think that the best way is to play the loudest, highest note possible (and very often a double-high C!) It was not until today that I actually heard people playing phrases from solos or orchestral excerpts, big band charts, or simple scales, intervals, lip trills, etc., which are more suited to play-testing. I guess as the week progressed, people got more serious about actually buying a new horn. I definitely saw people buying new horns, mouthpieces, cases, sheet music, tuners, CDs, and of course, lots of Ultra-Pure Oil!

And thanks to all the TM'rs for stopping by to say hello! It was great to meet you.

-Ken

7. Bogey

Bogey New Friend

Feb 23, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Thanks for the report! I wish I could have been there.