Ultrasonic Cleaning question - what "solution" do they/you use?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Osren, Jun 12, 2012.

1. mrsemman

mrsemman Piano User

Apr 8, 2010
    Massachusetts
    So what does he use to rinse the horn?

Gary

2. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Yep !! Take his advice and then you will be giving him more business. Smart cat!

3. hup_d_dup

hup_d_dup Piano User

May 28, 2009
    Tewksbury, NJ, USA
    Acids and bases are chemically active because they have a surplus of positive or negative ions. Either can work as a cleaning solution, but in the case of a musical instrument a base such as detergent or Simple Green is most effective at dissolving oily or greasy residue, while an acid such as vinegar will have more ability to loosen mineral deposits.

If you mix an acid and base they will neutralize each other (positive & negative ions combine) and each will be rendered less effective.

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    well, at least the dude -- explained why he takes his wedding ring off to play the trumpet also --(it scratches the horn) ---- I was wondering, seeing that is like 25 ish, why he would take the wedding band off during community band ---- where the average age is like 63 or something!!!! --- I was wondering if he was trying to hit on the 80 year old lady that sits with us in the 3rd trumpet section ---- BOY DO I FEEL SILLY NOW, I was getting jealous!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL