University of North Texas!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by green_eagle18, Jul 9, 2006.

1. green_eagle18

green_eagle18 Pianissimo User

Jun 25, 2006
    Denton, TX.
    well i recently got accepted into the University of North Texas. and i was wondering if anyone can give me so insight or help on what to expect and how demanding its going to be. thanks for the help.

2. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Howdy Sir,
    It may help some of us to help you if we know a little more about your situation... Such as: What are you planning on majoring in? Do you know the teachers? etc.

Tim Bear

3. John P

John P Piano User

Jun 16, 2006
    Camp Hill, PA
    What an incredible program they've got. I got to see the UNT One O'Clock Lab Band when they came to my area. AMAZING. All I can say is that I envy you :evil:

4. mike ansberry

mike ansberry Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Clarksville, Tennessee, U
    I got my master's at NT. Of course that was 22 years ago. Things might have changed a little. I remember being blown away when I first got there. I thought everybody was better than me. Everybody there that I knew worked their butt off. There was a layer of players at the top who were amazing professional caliber players. Many of them were just off the road with big name performers. I was studying with guys who were on some of the best recordings that I owned. After a semester of getting into the groove, I discovered that I was among the top of the group of players that was just below that very top bunch of incredible players. It was an incredible experience that I would love to do again. Take advantage of every opportunity you have. If you are a jazzer play in the big bands AND the small groups. Take arranging classes. Learn everything you can squeeze into your brain.