Upcoming Concert

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Tootsall, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Attention: Our community band will be performing two Mother's Day weekend concerts in Lethbridge, Alberta Canada on Saturday evening, May 8, 8 pm at the Yates Theatre and again Sunday afternoon, 2 pm May 9 at the Yates. Tickets are only $20 Cdn each. Performing artists "the Mantini Sisters" will be singing their "You Must Remember This" program which includes medleys by Doris Day, Connie Francis, Patsy Cline, Andrews Sisters, etc. The arrangements were done by Howard Cable who will be on the podium for the event. The singers have been imported from Ontario at great cost for YOUR entertainment and enjoyment.

The Mantini Sisters are VERY "easy on the eyes"

[​IMG]

and can, from all reports, sing up a storm.

The band will also be performing instrumentals "El Camino Royal" (Reed), "Barnum and Bailey's Favorite March" (King - Bainum), "Oklahoma" (Rogers - Rogers), and "Big Band Spectacular" (Higgins).

If you read this, please append your first and last initials; we're having a contest in which, for every set of 10 initials we receive, we get one entry into a draw barrel to win a weekend for two at "Meadow Lake Golf and Country Club", Whitefish Montana. I aim on getting about 10,000 entries into the barrel (NOT)!.

(The hall holds about 500 so don't everyone show up without hotel reservations... I don't have room for y'all at my house... but the MR should be here by then and if you DO have time I'll even let ya try it!) Current exchange rate is about $1.00 US = $1.33 Cdn so how can you lose?

Details at http://www.lcbs.ca

(For those of you who may be humor impaired, the concert is real, the request for initials is NOT!)

2. fatpauly

fatpauly Pianissimo User

Nov 11, 2003
    Ellicott City, Maryland
    Hope its a great show without any wardrobe malfunctions!

- Paul Artola
    Ellicott City, Maryland

3. orchtrpt

orchtrpt Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    I'll take the one on the right :wink:

4. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    :shock: