Update on last MF CD and Tribute Concert DVD

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bilboinsa, Oct 27, 2006.

1. bilboinsa

bilboinsa Piano User

Jan 24, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Posted on the MF board by Maynard's long-time manager, Ed Sargent:

"Greetings to all. It is with great pleasure to inform you the Cd project recorded in July at Bennett Studio is in the final stages of production. The name is most appropriate in nature as we all know there was only one Maynard Ferguson and feel confident there will never be another like him...............

THE ONE AND ONLY ........MAYNARD FERGUSON !!!

We will keep everyone updated as to the actual release date.

Also, I am happy to tell you the DVD project of the MF Tribute Concert is coming along nicely. The footage from the nights event is tremendous and as the reports have all been accounted, the playing was indeed a tribute to The Man. I have learned one very important aspect about the folks with Contemporary Productions; when they do something, they do it right. I am thankful beyond words they were there for Maynard and our organization when we / Maynard needed them most.

Steve Schankman as Maynard’s personal manager and good friend, and his employees Denise Lanser, Stockton Helbing, Gus Whitelaw, Carol Burton and the entire staff in St Louis embraced our operation with the same kind of enthusiasm I see often on this forum. Let me assure each and everyone of you this DVD is indeed a reality of magnificent proportions. I am honored to be a part of the team that is creating and producing this project that represents the love we all share for "The One and Only...."

Ed"

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Does anyone know what will happen with his band? It's kind of like Queen without Freddie Mercury................