use my old trumpet or get a new one?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by wanderedinn, Aug 26, 2007.

1. ccNochops

ccNochops Piano User

Sep 30, 2006
    White Marsh, VA
    I started back a year ago, on my trusted Holton from high school 30+ years ago. The trumpet said thanks for breathing new life into me, but I bought a 700s Getzen to play on after a couple months. Still play the Holton, she needs a good overhaul, looks rough, but plays just fine. Getzen is probally gonna go away for a Xeno, the come back is growing a life of its own, SOOOOOOO glad I stuck to it, the Holton........she's not going anywhere soon :) Chuck

2. kozbob

kozbob New Friend

Aug 27, 2007
    United States
    Yeah, you should defenitely give it a good cleaning, and then see whether it is worth keeping. I know guys that play the best dam stuff ever on beat up old horns. If it doesn't function the way you NEED it to, then a new horn is obviously in order.

~~ ZG

3. mrmusicnotes

mrmusicnotes Piano User

Nov 11, 2007
    N.Y.C.
    I to played In juinior high school for a few years then picked it back up 30 plus years later.I played my old trumpet for about a mounth, then went out and bought a brand new stradavarious.Its been 10 years since I purchaced that trumpet.I just knew this time I wasnt going to be a quitter.Treat yourself to a great instrument and stick with it.At your stage in life you deserve it. enjoy!

4. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    Email Getzen and ask them if you can send it to them for refurbishment. It will be your best deal. More than likely they will be good to you.

5. wanderedinn

wanderedinn New Friend

Aug 26, 2007
    Acworth, GA
    Well, I haven't purchased a new horn yet, so I'm planning on winning the horn contest. Everyone else here is aware of it right?

6. Longhorngreen

Longhorngreen Pianissimo User

Jun 11, 2007
    Keep it for now, and try friends horns, see if it is a change you want to make. There are no rules.