Valium for performance anxiety

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by shooter, Sep 24, 2015.

1. shooter

shooter Piano User

Jan 12, 2007
    VA
    I wasn't aware either. I was always under the impression that there was a shortage of buglers, which is the reason I joined BAA several years ago. Funeral honors for active duty service members is probably a higher priority than veterans when it comes to providing a bugler. In this case I can sort of understand but I always thought that the wishes of the family came first.

2. shooter

shooter Piano User

Jan 12, 2007
    VA
    I will do some digging around on this. Thank you! Not to sound selfish, but I want this honor since I love him and know him!

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Shooter, you are in VA as also hosts the Army-Navy Music School. The only cemeteries I know of that prohibit the sounding of Taps by other than military are National cemeteries and there you take whatever they offer ... as may be as little as a scratchy recording played from a single 8 ohm speaker at the gazebo ... not even graveside, Such was the scenario at my late brothers funeral at Riverside National Cemetery, just a short distance from March AFB where he flew C-130 gunships from and retired from USAF.

Don't bother for me ... I'll play all the music for my funeral including the sounding of TAPS ... albeit such will have been recorded on CDs ,,, and I will no be buried in National Cemetery ... just the one here in the Western outskirts of Jackson NC

Otherwise, the military sends contingents of their bands on Public Relation tours. A contingent of the U.S. Army Jazz Ambassadors will appear for free concert at The Centre of nearby Halifax Community College in Weldon NC on Tuesday, October 13 2015, 7:00 PM. Free tickets at the Centre or Daily Herald Newspaper on Roanoke Avenue in Roanoke Rapids NC.

4. shooter

shooter Piano User

Jan 12, 2007
    VA
    Update: The Navy provided full honor guard with live bugler. Although I wanted to do it, they did a nice job as I knew they would. The family and I went up a few hours later after everyone had left and I sounded TAPS while a toast was given to him. It was very nice. Thanks guys for all of your replies.

5. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    Ask you doctor for a beta blocker. That will calm you down and not slow you down or maybe make you feel lethargic

6. Msen

Msen Piano User

Dec 28, 2011
    I live in the Horn
    Never take medications like that. Tranquilizers, painkillers, sleeping aids etc etc are very addictive. If you ever use them and you like the effect, even if you stop them you will know they will be there to "help".

If you thing that you will not get addicted, because you are smarter, mature or I don't know what, think again.

Sorry for your lose. Don't use them

7. Hugh Anderson

Hugh Anderson Pianissimo User

Sep 18, 2011
    I played it often in the army during the Vietnam years, never once played it perfectly, always fluffed a note, or worse.