Valve alignment

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TopGun, May 10, 2005.

1. TopGun

TopGun Pianissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Is this fact of fiction? Have you had any personal before/after experiance with this? Seems like a good deal if it works.

Thanks

2. old geezer

old geezer Pianissimo User

Dec 26, 2004
    Indianapolis,In.
    I have had several valve alignments done on different horns (probably 6 or 7). the biggest difference I noticed is that in most cases the only change was an improvement in the intonation. in a couple of cases the horn played more open (one case it played more stuffy) and in several cases I did not notice any change at all. I heard other guys say it changed their horns dramatically and they swear by the alignments. in my case I'm just an average player and in most cases didn't notice much. confused yet?? old geezer Dave :-?

3. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    i have one on both my C and picc.....i think they are well worth it on the smaller horns.

4. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Guys,

I haven't the foggiest notion of what you speak... sorry!

ML

5. loweredsixth

loweredsixth Pianissimo User

Mar 11, 2005
    Fresno, California, USA
    I'm sure Dave Monette has taken care of it for you, Manny.

6. Rimshot

Rimshot Pianissimo User

Feb 14, 2005
    Atlanta
    It is highly unlikely Manny would have any reason to know about this.

As I understand it, should the alignment of piston openings to tubing get off by as much as 0.000001 millimeter in a Monette, a silent alarm is transmitted by the horn via satellite to a 24 monitoring station in Oregon. The on-call master technician flys out immediately, enters your home while you sleep, and corrects the fault. Small particles of scattered mint chutney were once found by a suspicious owner, but now that the techs are forbidden to eat while they work, there is never even the smallest trace left behind.

7. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Who told you?!:-o

The secret's out, folks...:lol:

ML