Valve body technical question

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by flacoman, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Brad-K

Brad-K Piano User

Jun 18, 2011
    I've never heard that. Have you any info on it?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    The ONUS is on the challenger to prove the original statement to be in error. Such seems more like I've now written something as one of my English profs would, but such I remember as an opening remark in one of my police manuals, but later learned it as the principle of defense in a Court at Law and such rises the original statements to be true beyond a "shadow of doubt". Need we poll the Jury on this? My question is was such paraffin wax or beeswax?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  3. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    The potential Ed, is for it all to seem like a "bunch of old beeswax" ;-)

4. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    You understood what I implied by my question, but I thought I was being subtle.

5. Bogieboy

Bogieboy Pianissimo User

Dec 20, 2011
    You would start with a carbon tube, then mold the passages and basically epoxy them in the appropriate places... I know from my paintball tuff you can make a very nice tube out of carbon weave... I have a paintball gun barrel made out of the stuff....

Besides if they can make cellos out of it, why not trumpets......LOL

6. Brad-K

Brad-K Piano User

Jun 18, 2011
    Are you talking to me? I'm a bit confused.

7. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    We Aussies are multi-lingual Ed, I understand and am pretty fluent in "Amerrican", "Kiwi", "Canadian", "Queen's English" and " 'strine". I love looking for clever and somewhat obscure subtleties like yours.

8. jbkirby

jbkirby Forte User

Sep 10, 2009
    Dothan, Alabama
    Gee, I thought battling addiction to charcoal and glue (carbon fiber) was only an issue in Bikeforums.net, but nooooooo, now I have to worry about trumpets with carbon fiber parts. However, if someone combined carbon fiber piston valves (since rotary vaves are already produced in carbon fiber with success) with the plastic body from an Olds Pinto, you might be onto something.:D Lubrication would be an issue so as not to use something that would affect the glue holding the valve together. The surface of the valve would be mostly glue since the carbon fiber is just that...fiber. We'll just have to wait and see. They said man couldn't fly...:-?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  9. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    I visited a well known trumpet maker this year and he had a carbon fiber bell made that he was experimenting with.

10. Bogieboy

Bogieboy Pianissimo User

Dec 20, 2011