Valve Guards

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by crazytrmpetnerd9, Jul 7, 2007.

1. John Miconi

John Miconi Pianissimo User

Dec 19, 2003
    Baltimore, Maryland
    You may want to try out the new hand guards made my Neotech. They are the company that makes the neoprene sax straps. The guards are very soft neoprene on the inside, but the outside has a more textured rubbery feel(sort of like the rubber grips you use to open up tight jars, etc). Contact PC at Pick Music. She should be able to hook you up.

2. dizzyizzy

dizzyizzy Pianissimo User

Jan 27, 2006
    VA
    Try....
    Leather Specialties
    1981 Everett Road
    Pisgah Forest, NC 28768
    USA
    Phone: 828-884-5907
    FAX: 828-885-5292

Excellent people and they WILL "customize" a bit to fit your horn, (although they make guards for most horns already).

That's IF you want to use a valve guard...these are some of the best out there.

3. hornguy

hornguy New Friend

Dec 30, 2006
    I don't like valve covers because of the cleaning difficulties, so I bought a clear plastic hose from the hardware store with an ID of about 3/4 inch (smaller than a vale tube). I cut a short piece of the tube for the upper and lower areas on the third valve (below the bell tube). I split the plastic hose up one side. This way I could snap in onto the valve.

I even made one with an extra flap that kept the index finger of my left hand from touching the bell pipe.

When playing, my left hand only touches the plastic and the 1st and 3rd valve rings.

If anyone is interested, I can post a picture.

4. crazytrmpetnerd9

crazytrmpetnerd9 New Friend

Apr 15, 2007
    Northeast, U.S.
    I would be interested in a picture of that if it isn't too much trouble...
    Thanx:-)