Valve Re-alignment and other horn tweaks.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by piccolomaster, Oct 23, 2010.

1. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    I love my valve adjusting tool I got a while back, it is amazing how off some of the horns I have were.....

2. Namder

Namder New Friend

Sep 8, 2010
    Wales
    I repeat - the original poster stated his technician(not me) diagnosed the problem of misalignment as his felts. I am fully aware that not all alignment problems are down to the felts. It would be helpful if you read the posts correctly.

3. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    Felts were on his horn, causing misalignment. Synthetics were put on to replace them.
    Once again. Proper alignment of a horn isn't buying new felts and installing them.

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    The original poster got improved response from the horn and that is good. Considering all of the "imperfections" in a trumpet, I am not sure that the alignment is the most bang for the buck. In the case of Bach trumpets René Spada, a Swiss technician disassembles them, then puts them back together with the precision of a watchmaker. Relieving tension and turning them into a tuning bell configuration has brought so much joy to all that own the instruments that I can only recommend going a step further than alignment.