Venice by Arban, Favorite Variation?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by DLP08, Dec 30, 2007.

1. DLP08

DLP08 New Friend

Sep 2, 2007
    Hey again TM!

Was playing through the Arban version of Venice alot lately and couldn't help myself but play the 4th variation over and over again.

So I wanted to know from you guys, which variation is your favorite, your least favorite, and the hardest, in your opinions and why!

thanks!

_David

2. Debacler

Debacler Pianissimo User

Dec 28, 2006
    Ripley, WV
    You mean to play or listen to? I can't play and haven't worked on the variations yet, but to listen I prefer either the second or fourth variation depending on my mood and who is playing the piece. The first time I ever heard this was with Wynton playing it and at the time (high school) I did not even know so such things were possible. I was ever increasingly impressed with each variation and the fourth one totally blew me away. Almost like when I found an album in my step-dads collection called MF Horn by this Maynard Ferguson guy. Eli's coming and MacArthur park still get me. :D

3. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    My favorite to play and hear has always been the triple tongued one. I don't have it in front of me and I don't remember what number it is. I spent uncounted hours on that one before a recital!

Jason.

4. DLP08

DLP08 New Friend

Sep 2, 2007
    Hah, personally that is my least favorite and the hardest.

It is probably my least favorite becuase it is the hardest for me. I royally suck at it, but can play the other ones fine lol.

It's variation 2, btw :D

5. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.

That one is my favorite also, not only to listen to, but, also to play. I like it well enough that I have incorporated it into my daily warmup.

OLDLOU>>