Vericosed or burst vein in upper lip

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by LCBB trumpet2, Mar 6, 2009.

1. s.coomer

s.coomer Forte User

Mar 25, 2005
    Indianapolis, In
    I am no doctor and I have already stated that you need to see one, however the "white streak" you mention makes me think infection. Get to the DOCTOR!!!!!

2. LCBB trumpet2

LCBB trumpet2 New Friend

Mar 5, 2009
    BC, Canada
    Actually the streak I mentioned is red or pinkish as in blood just under the skin, again very small and not sore at all. The little bump inside the upper lip subsides to almost nothing in the 24 hours after Euphonium practise Wednesday and did not come up or get worse at all after trumpet practise Friday evening.
    I think we don't need any more discussion on this now until I talk to the Doc. That may take a week or so. I will post his suggestions later. Thanks very much for all your comments, it seems very helpful. Kevin:-)

3. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    Stop playing untill you see what the Doc says. Before you start back find a teacher with experience with embouchure problems and bad playing habits. Other wise you just run the risk of doing it again.

4. LCBB trumpet2

LCBB trumpet2 New Friend

Mar 5, 2009
    BC, Canada
    Ok, it's been several years now so here is what I did. The doctor referred me to a dermatologist who did a Laser Zapp on the small blister in my lip, it was painless, a quick flash of light from inside the lip, felt a little warm for a minute. I didn't play for only a few days and have used it ever since. There is still a small lump in the lip but doesn't change or effect my playing. Seems to be working fine, thanks for all your advice.
    Kevin

5. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    That's good to hear.

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    So we know now that the forum diagnosis as usual was based on very "iffy" information. I cannot repeat often enough that looking for advice on forums is like looking for better eating habits in a funeral home.

Solving a problem is not tough IF we find the problem and not address the symptoms only. There is a process to dealing with life and for not life or death issues where there might not be time for analysis, the first step is always to get to the root of things and then to think through a plan with people that you trust - not just with people that like to post!

Congratulations on a solution that seems to work and above all, for coming back to trumpetmaster and filling in the details and course of action. That one post increases the value of this thread to INFINITE!

7. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    I'll jump on the bandwagon here and say thanks to LCBB for his excellent follow-up post. I have been waiting!