Victory Trumpet

Discussion in 'Vintage Trumpets / Cornets' started by prinmancz52, Nov 30, 2007.

1. prinmancz52

prinmancz52 New Friend

Nov 28, 2007
    Info needed: Victory Trumpet

[​IMG] Victory Trumpet
    I play a 1963 King Super 20 Silver Sonic Symphony and a King Liberty from the mid 40s.* I am looking at a Victory trumpet that I believe comes from the 30s or mid 20s.* Does anyone know anything about these horns?
    prinmancz52

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  2. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Re: Info needed: Victory Trumpet

Could you show full photos of the instrument? The only Victory name on Horn-u-copia is associated with Oliver J. Distin instruments, which merged with another company, but I can't recall the circumstances. Might be someone's stencil, also. I have seen Victory horns on ebay before.

3. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.

If my ancient and somewhat defective memory still serves, the Victory trumpets sometimes found on Ebay are Pacific rim products. Do yourself a favor and don't bid very high on one of them.

OLDLOU>>

4. prinmancz52

prinmancz52 New Friend

Nov 28, 2007

Hi OldLou,

Did you look at the picture? It is a vintage horn. I have seen the $50.00 to $80.00 "New Victory trumpets, and they are probably from China or Thailand. This is an old horn from USA or Europe based on the pictures I have...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  5. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan

Kind of looks like a 20's era horn by the design of the leader pipe braces I have seen. Probably one of many stencils by a US manufacturer, maybe impossible to tie down for sure, but Lou might know. If it was foreign, the country of origin would be stamped somewhere on the horn.

6. prinmancz52

prinmancz52 New Friend

Nov 28, 2007

This is not a foreign horn. It was made in Elkhart, Indiana!