Vienna Phil tonight @ 8

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by sinfoniantrumpeter, Jan 1, 2006.

1. sinfoniantrumpeter

sinfoniantrumpeter Pianissimo User

Apr 10, 2005
    Just wanted to let everyone know that PBS (I think it is) will be airing a concert featuring the Vienna Philharmonic led by Mariss Jansons tonight at 8 EST! Don't miss it

2. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    If it is the New Year's Concert - watch it - it was superb (watched it live this morning)

3. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Dammit...you mean it's on TONIGHT!? And I spent last night with a bunch of musicians (and a young couple who had their house burn down a week before Christmas) and half the time was flippin' channels trying to find it... and it's on TONIGHT!??? And tonight we're off to visit wife's friends... WHO WON'T BE WATCHING IT!????

Dammit.....(ok, where'd I put that spare video tape?)

Edit: and I did NOT say "darn".

4. londonhusker

londonhusker Guest

deleted

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2007
  5. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Hey Toots! Have someone tape it for you and mail it to you. Just an idea.

6. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Yeah, they tend to put the New Year's Day Concert on New year's Day - strange people in Vienna ;-)

Seriously - if you are able to record it (or get someone else to record it for you), it is well worth seeing - it even stopped me posting this morning :-o

7. sinfoniantrumpeter

sinfoniantrumpeter Pianissimo User

Apr 10, 2005
    Mike,

Toot is confusing the Vienna Phil with the NYP concert which is usually televised in the states on New Years Eve. It wasn't aired this year to my knowledge.

BTW, to hijack my own thread, are you guys getting in over at the TH? Is the server down or something?

8. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Ah, we don't get the NYP Concert (I wish), The VPO New Year is one of the musical highlights of my year - shame it is always over so early in the year.

Yeah, getting on TH without a problem, personally - but there are a number of people saying that they are having problems

9. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Toots

Hey there Toots, I got you covered. I am recording the concert for you right now. I only missed the first five minutes. PM me your info and I will get this in the mail to you tomorrow. Happy Holidays! :grouphug:

10. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    No I wasn't confused. The NYP doesn't usually end their concerts with Radetzky! :) Thanks for the kind offer, Alex. I've got the VCR set to tape it again tonight (I mis-set the program earlier) and hopefully will get a clean copy. If I mess it up I'll give you a holler.

Cheers, all. And have a great New Year.