VINCENT BACH CORP.,MT VERNON.N.Y. 7CW Trumpet mouthpiece

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by alant, Dec 16, 2013.

1. alant

alant Pianissimo User

Aug 18, 2009
    Rochdale UK
    Does any one know the specification for this mouthpiece VINCENT BACH CORP.,MT VERNON.N.Y. 7CW Trumpet mouthpiece? is it the same as a modern one. It certainly does not blow the same. Is it the same inner diameter and throat?

2. dangeorges

dangeorges Pianissimo User

Oct 20, 2010
    My understanding is that the 7CW has a slightly wider (hence the "W") and more cushioned rim that is supposed to help the player who has a weaker embouchure or larger lips and can't get a good sound with the regular 7C.
    Google may have some possible answers, but this is my understanding.

This was my first mouthpiece (came with the loaner trumpet from my cousin) and I used it until my parents purchased my first student horn with a "real" 7C.

3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Alant, if I understand you correctly, you are asking if the Mt. Vernon 7CW and the modern 7CW are the same. If so, they are supposed to be the same in theory, but in practice, the tooling was resharpened over the years, and so there is an inconsistency over time. Elden Benge got a hold of the old Mt. Vernon mouthpiece tooling. So yeah, the modern Bach 7CW will be different from the old 7CW.