Vincent Bach's World Return of Roy Hempley's Bacholgy articles

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tapsbugler, Mar 9, 2014.

1. tapsbugler

tapsbugler New Friend

Mar 27, 2007
    Florida
    Greetings

For those who remember: Roy Hempley, who is an authority on NY Bach trumpets and cornets, had articles up on the Internet called Bachology. He has been a valuable source for historical questions about Bachs. THose article came down a few years back.

He is back with a new site Vincent Bach's World
    Sadly, he could not get the bacholgy web name

From Roy’s new site:
    “This Web site was set up to provide visitors who are interested in Vincent Bach’s instruments with some source material that may be useful in understanding his instruments. My first article about Bach bell markings was “published” in 2001. Since then, several other articles were added and I intend that more will follow. The following describes how the articles came to be. Some of the information sets the framework for content found in the articles.”

Hope you will visit and read the great articles. I will be working with Roy on a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] part to the articles on Bach bugles.

Jari Villanueva

2. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Hi Jari! Looking forward to the new bugle article. I'm glad that the old "Bachology" articles have resurfaced, and there are quite a few unique instruments shown in the 1961 catalog. Do you think they were all produced? I've never seen (or even heard of) some of them.

3. tapsbugler

tapsbugler New Friend

Mar 27, 2007
    Florida
    Wow I haven't seen half the horns in that 1961 catalog!

I'd love to find a Clairon in the 1925 catalog!

I came across a one piston baritone bugle made by VB. Very rare. I'm planning to visit Roy again soon to how him that plus the Stradivarius G Field Trumpet I came across. Also a Bach Apollo on eBay just sold for $1700. I didn't get it but it's a nice looking horn.
    Roy is a great guy and full of great information!

4. Tudorbug

Tudorbug New Friend

Jan 25, 2010
    Hi, Jari!

Shortly before the Bach Apollo sold for $1700 (a sale in which I was the under bidder), I puchased one on eBay using a buy-it-now option. It had some pretty severe dents. I've had them all removed by Rich Ita at the Brass Instrument Workshop in Atlanta and it now looks and sounds very. very nice. It is silver and marked number 32 after "Model". If you or Roy would like any information about it, inlcuding photos or pencil rubbings of the bell logo, please let me know and I'll respond as rapidly as I can.

I hope all's well.

David McClellan

5. tapsbugler

tapsbugler New Friend

Mar 27, 2007
    Florida

Yes

Love to see it!

Email me at [email protected]