Visit to "House o' brass"..

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Manny Laureano, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Derek Reaban

Derek Reaban Mezzo Piano User

Jun 16, 2005
    Tempe, Arizona
    Louie,

That story rocks! I'm glad everything fell in place for you on that deal.

Take care,

Derek

2. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Yeah Lou, that was a sweet deal and a great story! Congrats!

Langston, eh? He probably doesn't remember me, but I met him back in '93 and heard him give a recital. Wonderful player and classy guy. You're in good hands.

Again, congrats on your horn! :thumbsup:

3. trumpjosh

trumpjosh Pianissimo User

Dec 13, 2003
    Alex, did you get the file?

4. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I sure did Josh. Thanks for sending it along. You have email. ;-)

5. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Flumpet for sale on TPIN

I just saw that someone was selling quite a few nice horns on the TPIN list. What caught my eye was the Flumpet. It is selling for almost half of what a new one costs. If any of you are interested in owning one of these creations you might want to check it out. Just a head's up.......

6. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    I would not buy any used Monette trumpet without being able to send it to Dave first, for him to check over. Too many Monette horns have been messed up by people who don't know what they are doing. If the person selling this Flumpet would not agree to send to Dave first, I would not give him a dime.

7. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Words of wisdom from the little green Jedi. :-)

8. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Trust me, you must................

;-)

9. loudog

loudog Piano User

Jan 4, 2004
    Grand Island, NE
    Thanks for the comments everybody! I really like this horn! As for the story...this is one instance where it was too good to be true, but it WAS true! It'll probably never happen again in my lifetime :-).

Again, I feel kind of lame for not being a true client (I guess I am a mouthpiece client), but I just can't afford a new one, or really the wait! I will someday though...someday...a P1 C...yummy....and a b-flat...and a...well I'd better not get carried away yet! :shock:

Louie

10. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Hey Louie....I just checked out the other instruments in your arsenal. Blackburn Piccolo and Eflat? Sounds like you have a sweet collection already! You will never need another Eflat, ever. I know some high profile players who would be playing on one if they were not owned by a company and restricted to only that company's instruments. I have never played a Blackburn piccolo, but I am sure it is fine instrument.

Yeah, I am already thinking waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the road that Shira will need a sibling to keep her company and it will be a Bflat. I don't know how many years apart they will be, but I will eventually have a Bflat made as well. There is no doubt in my mind.

Anyway, you have a great set-up already Lou. Congrats and good luck with everything. You will have a P1C eventually....you'll see.