Visit to "House o' brass"..

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Manny Laureano, Dec 11, 2005.

1. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Louie,

I can't find it - what's the link?

Greg

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Here ya go...

http://www.monette.net/newsite/news.htm

....that kind of stuff is always under "News". And, by the way, the photographer asked me to take my specs off... it wasn't vanity... seriously... stop giggling, I'm serious.

ML

3. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Nice tie Manny!

Really, seriously. ;-) :-)

4. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    [​IMG]
    In the words of Sheriff Bart:
    "How did a dazzling urbanite like you end up in a rustic setting like this?"

Nice!

-cw-

5. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Nice outfit "Dapper Dan". :-) A very nice picture indeed. I think you might want to consider being a model as a second career. This picture would look great on the cover of "Cigar Aficionado" magazine. (yes, I actually like that magazine and fine cigars). Ever try CAO cigars Manny? They have tasty cigarillos to die for......one is Bourbon Vanilla with Exotic fruit and their Madagascar Vanilla is yummy. Of course, they also have Cigar-flavored cigars for the diehards. Anyway, they hail from the Dominican Republic using Grade "A" Cuban seed tobaccos. You should be their new poster guy with this photo. :cool:

6. cmcdougall

cmcdougall Piano User

Feb 3, 2005
    A woman who smokes cigars, WOA.

7. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    LOL. You should have seen me at one of the first rehearsals with a brass band in Belgium. After rehearsal, it is tradition for these guys to throw back a couple of beers (for me it was Leffe Bruin at the time) and burn a cigar or cigarette and just hang for an hour before heading home. Well, being an American and a woman, they kept feeding me beer to see when I would fall over. When I made it through four beers and lit up a cigar with Petre, their jaws about hit the floor. I impressed them for sure.....then passed out when we got to Petre's house. LOL.

Yeah, I am a weird one. I love the entire Scotch, Cigar, Poker scene. I guess I am just a guy in a woman's body. Heh, heh. Oh, and I play the trumpet too!

8. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    I had to quote you on that one Alex... but I just don't know what to say to that...

a certain White House staffer does come to mind though...

crap... too late now... I've done dug the whole... step... thump... can anyone hear me from down here?

Sorry Manny... we've run off with your thread... past left field... down the block past the river... almost to city limits.

9. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Um....I don't know what to say in response to what you said Rogerio :shock: LOL I will say that Manny and Diz have met me in person and can verify that I am indeed a woman and not exactly "White House" material. LOL.

I will get this thread back on track with an announcement. (insert trumpet fanfare)

As of today, I am officially on the list for having the first trumpet made for ME. I put down a deposit for my new C trumpet.....which will be created by "The House 'o' Brass". I will be visiting them in February and hope to try the mouthpiece Manny was talking about, as well as some other toys. I am so excited!

There, that should do it. Back to talking about Manny's snappy dressing and all things Monette. ;-)

10. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Thanks for going easy on me Alex...

CONGRATS!!!! My envy is outweighed by the amount of joy I feel for you. What a treat!!!

Did you go for a full out Prana? Tell us more.