Visit to "House o' brass"..

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Manny Laureano, Dec 11, 2005.

1. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Lucky!

What's the waiting period on that?

Greg

2. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Yes, the goal is a full out Prana. They don't really have any pictures or literature available yet, but that is the target. When I go out in February, it will be for two days so we can try lots of things and decide on a final configuration. I will also add, for those who want to know, this horn is marking a very important time in my life and career. At this point, I deserve to FINALLY have a C trumpet made for ME. I can't think of a better place to have that done, honestly.

Hmmmmm....silver or gold? ;-)

3. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Hey Greg.....according to their website, the waiting period is 10-12 months. They make trumpets in the order of deposit receipt on an average of 4-5 per month. I am sure they will give me a more solid expectation date once we have decided on what it is they will be making for me. Waiting will be the hardest part, but the journey is gonna be rockin'! I can't wait to go out there and try things. The important thing was to get on the list with my deposit. I almost can't believe it myself, but it is done and the ball is rolling now. Wooo hooooo!

4. cmcdougall

cmcdougall Piano User

Feb 3, 2005
    Just get ready Alex the waiting period is pure hell, as far as the gold or silver that's an easy answer, GOLD.

5. JazzBird

JazzBird New Friend

Sep 15, 2005
    ...and when it arrives...you go straight to trumpet heaven :D

you will BOTH love your horns...

6. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Let me tell you what you're in for, Alex...

I just got out of rehearsal with Doc and it played even better in the orchestra than it did at the shop. All the adjectives I used were just the starting point. I'm incredibly excited by the sound of this little beast. It plays so easily, I felt as though I was blowing against nothing.

I'm happy for you as this is a big investment and it sounds like you have earned it. I'm sorry it'll take so long but good things come to those who wait.

Keep us informed....

ML

7. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    Alex, congrats. I can only imagine your excitement. Enjoy the ride~
    gregc

8. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Merry Christmas to youuuuu,
    Merry Christmas to youuuuu,
    Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas,
    Merrrrrry Christmas to you.

Congrats on the plunge. Regardless of the maker it is always special to know that it is YOURS from day #1 (speaking as someone who had an Eclipse made "just for him"). I'm sure it's one of those few material things that you will hold in your possession "'till death do you part".

You will, of course, keep us posted on all of the trips out for "fitting", nae?

9. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Awwwww....thank you guys....each and every one of you. I am very excited. I have been tossing this decision around for a while now. Some things will be sold and some things moved to the back burner to make this possible, but what better investment for a musician/trumpeter than to have an instrument made for us? Do you know how many pinky rings I have had moved because of my small hands? LOL. Also, who else am I going to enjoy sharing this with than all of you? You think the guy at the deli where I grocery shop is going understand, let alone care? LOL. It is all of you who I look forward to sharing the journey with more than anyone else. I am quite attached to a few of you....you're my buds. ;-)

Yes Toots, having an instrument made for you by any quality craftsman is an incredible feeling. I am experiencing the beginning of that emotion right now, even though it is far in the future. You just want to tell everyone whether they care or not or know what the heck you are talking about! LOL.

Thanks again for sharing in my happiness.

10. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Yeah,

Manny probably gets a "finder's fee'

That's why he lets everyone play them.

The silent partner.

Congrats Alex!!

Can I play it?

-cw-