Votaw Tools Great Customer Service

Discussion in 'Trumpet Repair and Modification' started by lovevixen555, Dec 30, 2008.

1. lovevixen555

lovevixen555 Banned

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    Anyone that likes to do their own work buts need some instrument specific tools I highly recomend them. They are not the largest company and do not have the selection of some of the other's but when you call you get friendly people eager to help. When it is a technical question you get someone that has the information you need or they can get it to you in a timely manner! They have been super friendly to me and do not give me a hard time because I amnot a professional repair technician and am not a dealership. So it is seldom that one run's into top class customer service in America so I like to point out any companies that I have had great resutls with!

2. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    Votaw makes incredibly high quality tools. The reason his stuff is more expensive is because it is so much better than most of the other companies stuff.
    A lot of his tools are for many purposes, so he doesn't need a ton of selection. Plus a lot of tools have to be custom made for a brand so it is up to the tech to custom order stuff to be made if necessary.

3. lovevixen555

lovevixen555 Banned

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    I am getting my valve burnishing set, T-Handle, and a few reamers from them. I get a lot of parts from them as well. Today I called adn talked to John about some valve materials on some replacement valves! He went and checked right their while I was talking to him! You cannot beat service like that!

4. lovevixen555

lovevixen555 Banned

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    I am also going to get some dent removal tools. I have been useing homemade stuff that I modeled off my automotive body dollies! I cut ball bearing and solid rod stock in half and weled them tot he end of long handled thin screw drivers. So far they have worked well but I am thnking it cannot hurt to have some actual tool from the trade. Imake tools all the time for vechiles I own that need specialty tools to remove some part's. I always try to start with something close to what I want that is already well made and modify it to what I need. I have an entire wall of speciatly wrench's and such with odd angles on them to make the job go easier!

5. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    Repair techs make their own tools all the time. Brazing ball bearings to steel rods is about the easiest and cheapest way to make dent ball rods.