waiting for my order / need advice

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ambassapaul, Dec 3, 2004.

1. ambassapaul

ambassapaul New Friend

Nov 14, 2004
    Hello,
    I would like some advice as to what I should do.
    I ordered these books:
    Advanced Lip Flexibilities
    Clarke Technical Studies
    on october 31, 2004
    my credit card shows billing on november 5, 2004
    so as for tomorrow it will have been at least 4 weeks.

I won't mention where I ordered them from as of yet. This is why I want some advice.

The merchant where I ordered them from (online) has a note at the bottom of there site indicating to allow 2 to 4 weeks for delivery.

I sent a few e-mails asking for the status of my order.

The replys I have reveived have been short and not sweet. But I was informed that the holdup is on one of the books from the publisher.

My normal reaction is to raise he$%...
    But I want to be civilized, patient, and keep a good rep on the forums.
    I want to be justified in bringing this matter completely in the open if need be.

Is this a normal issue with the books I ordered or other method books in this dicipline?

How long should I wait until I make waves??
    of course I will contact the merchant a final time to resolve the matter before I resorted to online bashing (if it would do any good anyway??)

oh well we'll see

Thanks
    Paul

2. W Scott

W Scott Piano User

Dec 8, 2003
    Carson City, NV.
    Well, it depends on where you ordered them from. If it was me, and I had never had any dealings with the business before, I'd be on the phone giving them an earful..........

3. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    I have had some very PO'd customers as of late. Not that I blame them at all. One of my suppliers who ships usually within 5 days has fallen way behind and is shipping in 17 days. Ugh.

I promise the product within 15 working days if not in stock. That is up from 10 just two months ago. Now 15 is out of the question and 20 -25 is the norm. Ugh again. I gave 7 refunds in the last 2 days. None of this is my fault, that is why I am glad to give the refunds. My supplier has not done a good job of communicating with me. For example, I waited 17 days to find out a certain product was back ordered. I had to tell the customer.

Of course they screamed ... why didn't you tell me 3 weeks ago? My only answer is, I didn't know they were out-of-stock and backordered. Sigh -- Not an answer a customer wants to hear, but it is the truth.

So sometimes etailers get caught in this bind. It is not that they don't want to make the customer happy -- they just can't until the supplier (publisher) in this case makes the product available. Now I think they could have provided you with decent communications. If after the alloted time is up, they should also cheerfully offer a refund if you no longer want to wait.

The trend in etaileing is not to carry a lot of stock, if any. Let the manufacturer carry the stock and the etailer simply executes the order, and ships the product. It works fine until a supplier is out of something the etailer didn't know about. Then it all breaks loose.

I try to keep as much stock as possible. You cannot stock everything. But I try to stock all the common items. I had one supplier tell me they ship the very next day. I wanted two of their product for stock. I faxed them the order and they should have shipped it the next day. They shipped it 6 days later. The rep at a national show was giving me a great "dog and pony" show about how the product doesn't need to be stocked because of the fast shipping. Yep, right ....

I think your biggest complaint would be the lack of communication. Most etailers cannot do anything about their suppliers.

JIm

4. ambassapaul

ambassapaul New Friend

Nov 14, 2004

Thanks for yor view
    That is why I posted my situation.
    I realize that some merchants are very small buisnesses and they frequent these forums. I didn't want to make waves for someone that is an atribute to the trumpet players on these forums.

Now I really see where my problem is.
    I was charged for something that is held up and most likely not the merchants fault.

BTW I posted this on other forums and I got a reply from the merchant.
    My order is shipping out on monday!!

Go figure!!!!

Thanks Paul