Waiting on the mailman...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by mchs3d, Apr 2, 2010.

1. mchs3d

mchs3d Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2005
    Provo, UT
    So, I have a new horn coming in today. I absolutely hate waiting for the mail, especially if it is something I am stoked about getting. Anybody have some funny/tragic horn in the mail stories?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  2. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA

mchs3d,

Do you want your waiting to turn into anxiety hearing horror stories?

Best wishes,

Lloyd

3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    The horns I've ordered came in just fine. It is the checks I waited for that have caused me grief!

4. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Down the road it seems we'll not have anymore Saturday mail deliveries! More and more outsourcing to FedEx whose planes are already flying much of the mail and their trucks picking up at local post offices and delivering to USPS distribution centers.

5. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Hi Ed

Always happens doesn't it, you order something in the middle of the week forgetting it's Easter coming up, your just dying to try out your new mouthpiece and Good Friday comes and goes, you know its not coming on Saturday, it probably won't be posted til next tuesday, and all you want is your new toy. So the garden you decide (I'm completely re doing it) and you guessed it it's just started raining, You could practice but your nieghbour's at home (no it was either the mouthpiece or the practice mute) and you don't want to upset her because she is very fair minded about your practice

Time for a pint? Not Uk time. I'll just watch the Golf til 11.00 the at least the Cricket's on

Oh well

Cheers

Andrew

6. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    We have no mail delivery in our town, we pick up our mail at the post office.

Last tuesday for the first time the post office rang to say my trumpet had arrived, a 1931 Conn New Era 58B, unfortunatly my wife answered the phone:dontknow: and I had some explaining to do. As it was my birthday I got away with it.ROFL

Regards, Stuart.

7. doug finch

doug finch Pianissimo User

Feb 10, 2010
    Whitstable, England
    What bugs me is when is when you go out for 10 minutes and when you return find the card that says the postman has tried to deliver and you must collect from the post office, which of course closes at 1 o'clock, and as you have to leave an hour for the postman to return to the office, is always too late. DF

8. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    OK, I'll start. a friend of mine ordered a Schagerl to try out a couple years ago and the factory packing did not survive transport. The bell and front brace were smashed. It had to go back to the factory several times until it was OK. They did not replace with new.

A Bach 72* that I ordered from Giardinellis got lost - they replaced it - my wait wasn't even 2 weeks.

I have never been pleasantly surprised by the "speed" of the postal system - especially with high ticket items. Better luck with UPS and DHL.

I ordered a Monette mouthpiece and German customs got ahold of it. They didn't believe that a mouthpiece could cost that much and wouldn't accept the original invoice because it was not in german. I told them of a couple of websites where they could check pricing. They refused to. Then came time for the "this is not good for your career" line. I demanded to see the boss who also wasn't cooperative. I then left the office and without informing the idiots went to the bosses boss and filed a written complaint. The mouthpiece was released in minutes.

9. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Woo Hoo I got mine

Cheers

Andrew

10. ManGo

ManGo Pianissimo User

Apr 10, 2008
    London
    I had to sit on the train for 2 hours unable to play my brand new Chicago Custom on the way back from the Taylor w/shop in Norwich.
    Pure torture!

[​IMG]