want gold vintage? Here you go...

Discussion in 'Vintage Trumpets / Cornets' started by Wastedblues, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Wastedblues

Wastedblues New Friend

Feb 4, 2005
    Manchester(where?), MI
    So I found this on Ebay. Any Ideas? It could be a stencil but what I have heard leads me to believe it might be german, 1920-ish and alittle rare. I bet you havn't seen one slimmer! check it out: (NOTICE, UPDATE ON SITE URL! 4/30 2005). http://wastedblues2.topcities.com/

What it is: Says Viking on bell, no finger hook also dates it too about the 20's, a slide stop to A, one spit valve, wire brushed then gold plated(known as satin gold I think), part numbers on valves, came with gold plated Buescher true=tone mouthpiece, gold plated lyre(!), original looking case.

The case has something on it and I don't exactly know what it says so I think it says "and" diagonally then "S.C.O." with this bellow: "(something..symbol?)Krack" and what looks like an address numbers 266 so far then "chicago" and then "trademark." ALL of this in an oval on the side. This whole thing might be like a Wunderlich story...

I plan on uploading more pics. Ohh and Hi everyone! :D

2. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    Hi,

According to Dr. Richard Dundas, in his fine book ""20th Century Brass Musical Instruments" . . .

Musical instruments have been made in Kraclice (Czec Republic) since the 16th century.

He writes that during the 20's and '30s that there were many well-known factories, and about 10,000 men employed in the city of Kraclice making instruments!!!

After WWII the companies were all merged under governmental control as Amati Kraclice.

Enjoy your 20's era peashooter! They just don't design them like that anymore . . . but during the '20s they were hot.

That's what I LOVE about the vintage instruments . . . all the different looks and "wraps!" Today, just about every trumpet is a clone of the F. Besson and they look just about all the same!

Sincerely,

Tom Turner

3. davidjohnson

davidjohnson Piano User

Nov 2, 2003
    arkansas
    :cool: that's cool. thank you for the neat pix.

dj

4. Wastedblues

Wastedblues New Friend

Feb 4, 2005
    Manchester(where?), MI
    Well if the site was working right now I could upload more stuff...I'll wait acouple hours. I'll also have music clips if I can get it to work. hehe. :-P

5. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Ooohhh..

Knurled bottom caps... *drool*

Van

6. Wastedblues

Wastedblues New Friend

Feb 4, 2005
    Manchester(where?), MI
    COOL , site works. I'll've the sound clips up some time too...

any requests on songs? lol...

7. Wastedblues

Wastedblues New Friend

Feb 4, 2005
    Manchester(where?), MI
    Yea!!! :lol: my wimpy college sound clips are now up to be made fun of...
    :bleah:

8. alanbach

alanbach Pianissimo User

Dec 10, 2003
    South Wales U.K.
    Nice pics....what camera did u use? :roll:

9. Wastedblues

Wastedblues New Friend

Feb 4, 2005
    Manchester(where?), MI
    Well funny enough it's a Sony Digital Mavica, quick access FD drive 2X with 10X optical zoom. I think my mom got it for $400 US dollars and It's working better than I thought it has, which means it works with the right lighting.

10. soontir2432

soontir2432 Pianissimo User

Dec 12, 2004
    Queens, New York, USA
    Only your first clip seems to work. :-o