Wanted: Trumpet Player

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by LyraNocturno, Apr 15, 2010.

1. LyraNocturno

LyraNocturno New Friend

Apr 15, 2010
    Wanted: Trumpet Player
    Job description: A new chamber group based in Loudoun County is forming! We are currently searching for a trumpet player. our long term goal is to become an establishment in the region, so get in on the ground level to find a musical home for yourself in this tight job market.
    Requirements: You must have at least a bachelors degree completed by June 2010. Strong communication skills, responsible character, and passion for music are musts. Chamber experience and an interest in opera, contemporary music, and education are also highly desired.
    Deadline- May 15, 2010

If interested, please e-mail [email protected] with the subject Trumpet, as we would be happy to answer any questions you might have about this exciting new opportunity. For applying, please include a resume and any media you have available. Recordings are not a must, but they will help us decide who to interview and audition.
    Alec Broen
    Manager, Lyra Nocturno

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Although it must be the best place in the world, to you, I don't think most of us even know where Loudoun County is.....

3. s.coomer

s.coomer Forte User

Mar 25, 2005
    Indianapolis, In
    Solar Bell is spot on. Where is Loudon County?

4. 65Strad

65Strad Pianissimo User

Aug 28, 2005
    Toms River, New Jersey
  5. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Antalya, Turkey
    Do you offer oversea flight ticket and a green card? :bash:

6. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    Loudoun County is in Northern Virginia, near DC.

7. LyraNocturno

LyraNocturno New Friend

Apr 15, 2010
    My apologies. Yes, Loudoun County is in Northern Virginia.

8. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Why would a Bachelor's degree be a requirement? Wouldn't experience and an overall ability to play be more important? I'm not trying to start an argument, but I've known and gigged with a lot of degreed musicians who absolutely sucked, and conversely gigged with many non-degreed folks who were fantastic. Then again I've also gigged with some degreed folks who were good players, but I seriously doubt if it was the degree that made them that way. Just sayin'.

But, in this region you should be able to find what you are looking for, even if the degree is a requirement because this area is full of fantastic players.

B15M likes this.
  9. LyraNocturno

LyraNocturno New Friend

Apr 15, 2010
    We are looking for someone who has completed his/her undergraduate. We are not looking for someone who is still in the proses of his/her bachelors degree because of the time commitments of the class schedule. This ensemble is in its infant stages and needs mature, responsible, and committed performers.

That being said, we are very open-minded.
    Also, as this is only the first year of the ensemble's existence, we cannot afford to relocate any interested applicants.
    Thank you very much for your interest.

10. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Ditto. Narrowing your search to those with a degree in music is unnecessarily limiting your talent pool.