Warm down routine

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Aerotrom, Aug 20, 2008.

1. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    After Philip Glass gigs I move more quickly. I put the horn in the case and run from the studio.......Philip always wanted "Just one more take.":play:
    Wilmer

2. mrmusicnotes

mrmusicnotes Piano User

Nov 11, 2007
    N.Y.C.
    Sometimes I"ll do the pedal exercise #3 in the Claud Gordon
    approach to daily practice as a warm down.Also I"ll buzz my lips without the mouthpiece to some jazz tunes on the way to work in the car (station 88.3)for around 15 mins in the morning.When I do this my tone is at its best for that days practice.

3. Al Innella

Al Innella Forte User

Aug 9, 2007
    Levittown , NY
    I`ve played tons of big band jazz gigs with alot of well known muscians and never saw [heard] anyone warm down.

4. Aerotrom

Aerotrom New Friend

Jul 17, 2008
    Spain
    Ok, thanks for the replies. I hadn't heard anything about warming down either, but I think I read something about it here, and I was just curious about it. The cold beer after playing sounds good to me too :-)
    Thanks again

5. RobertSlotte

RobertSlotte Pianissimo User

Jul 7, 2008
    Finland
    I end my practisedays with soft, looong and low tones for at least 15 minutes. If I don´t the next day will honestly be more difficult. I didn´t really care about it before but I started after Jouko Harjanne recomended it to me. The sound is the most thing that benifits for me if I warm down or Cool down or what ever we call it :0)

If I only play for example 60 minutes one day then I skip the worm down but If I practise 3-4 houers then I do it.

Robert

6. oohhh yeah

oohhh yeah Pianissimo User

Nov 23, 2008
    B.C. Canada
    YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT MAN! lol:thumbsup:. anyways, go like blllehhhhh like your sticking your tongue out like a five year old and making fun of someone..you know...stick out your tongue go bllhhhghhg your lips should vibrate up and down and this is a warm down routine i'm not making this up it works