Warm Up Routine

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Annie, Jan 25, 2007.

1. OdieLopez3

OdieLopez3 New Friend

Jan 21, 2007
    Most of the time its all mental. I believe everyone has they're own unique way of approaching the horn with a daily routine. Warm up is mental focus that prepares your mind to get set on what is coming up in a rehearsal or performance. You gotta have discipline with yourself to establish a nice and good routine and not to the extent where you over due it. Take it easy rest as much as you play. Establish your mind to make it happen and as long as it works go for it and dont let go.

2. trumpet520

trumpet520 Pianissimo User

Oct 25, 2006
    Oklahoma
    i ussually play my chromatics from low c to the G sitting on the top of the staff and try to get my lips loose py playing low f sharp and some attempts at pedal tones (about 3 minutes). Of course after that i ussually play around on my horn until class starts. so technically my warm up is ten minutes.

3. mbtpter227

mbtpter227 New Friend

Feb 3, 2007
    So-Cal
    Typically I just play a few notes in the middle of the register, just to see where I am for the day. After that I move into a calisthenic routine (scales, lip slurs, set excercises from Arban's that my pvt. teacher has assigned). I'm pretty much set after that!

PS first post on trumpetmaster! woot! heh. I'm excited to soak up all the knowledge this forum has to offer.