Warren Vache Instructional DVD

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by PhatmonB6, Feb 23, 2005.

1. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    I will be receiving __I Love The Trumpet__ a 4hour dvd with Warren Vache. I ordered it because I like getting up close and personal with profesionals especialy when you can slow down and pause whatever they are teaching. My question is has anybody ever heard of this or even viewed it? If so is it any good and what does he get into. (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced) I do take lessons so I am not depending on a dvd to improve my playing but when I am not at lessons this cant hurt, right?? ;-)

2. tx trpt

tx trpt New Friend

Jul 29, 2004
    I have this DVD. It is designed for players of all levels and I think you will enjoy it. The play-along lessons and recording sessions are fun, and there are even tours of a Yamaha trumpet factory, Dillon Music Store, and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I believe I paid $30 for it at www.artistshousemusic.com

3. rms573

rms573 New Friend

Feb 8, 2005
    I just picked that DVD up...and in the advanced lesson's section Warren and justin kisor play a great duet. It sounded like he said it's from the gonti book, But I couldn't find it...Does anybody know the name of this book?

THANKS.

4. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    I suspect he said Gatti.
    The Gatti book is as large as the Arban book. it has some wonderful duets in it. Is it still available?

Wilmer

5. tx trpt

tx trpt New Friend

Jul 29, 2004
    On the DVD Mr. Vache has a list of recommended books. The Gatti book is shown as Gatti: Thirty-three Celebrated Duets edited by Edward Lewis. A Google search shows that the book is available for $14 through Hickey Music @ 1-800-442-5397 ( www.hickeys.com ), Charles Colin Music @ 1-212-581-1480 ( www.charlescolin.com ), and others.